tmunk123

Re: Button to close rear tailgate no longer working

Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:25 pm

richr wrote:Check the sensor strips (along the sides where it rests on the bodywork) are clean and undamaged. The manual mentions that it'll put itself into manual mode if it thinks there an obstruction repeatedly.
Hmm, I tried looking for these strips you mention. Couldn't find anything that might be unclean or damaged.

How do I get it back to automatic from manual mode? Is it in the manual? If so, will take a look.

richr

Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:46 am

tmunk123 wrote:
How do I get it back to automatic from manual mode? Is it in the manual? If so, will take a look.
It seems to imply that it'll do it on its own once the obstruction has cleared. So it's probably not a sensor issue with yours - but it's worth a check anyway.
2015 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GX4H (petrol/electric)
2008 Volkswagen Caravelle (diesel)
(recently departed - 2004 Subaru Outback 3.0Rn (LPG), 1991 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.5 LWB (WVO))

Stewpot127

Re: Button to close rear tailgate no longer working - RESOLVED

Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:43 pm

Hi all,
Thank you very much for resolving this issue I’ve had for some days, with my Outlander.
I was tearing my hair out but it just took a Google search to take me to this page for which I am truly grateful.

Bloggsy

Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:19 am

Mitch wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:22 am
Remote: unlock, tap tailgate twice.

100% working for me.
Fantastic! :D Since I got my Exy 2 years ago, I've never had the remote boot opener working but when I saw this, I went out and gave it a bash and...it works! This will save me a few seconds when doing the shopping ( :lol: ) but it also gives me a chance to show off the Exy in front of the wife ;)

Cheers

Bloggsy
2015 GX4h in Black
Living in Scotland

Return to “General / Main Outlander PHEV Owners Forum”