Triple Procedure & Setup (Costs around 80USD)

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did somebody run the "J2534 Pass-Thru" driver in combination with a mini VCI cable and the MUT III Software successfully on Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit) or is an old Windows 7 (32-bit) system required?

sportster said:
Did somebody run the "J2534 Pass-Thru" driver in combination with a mini VCI cable and the MUT III Software successfully on Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit) or is an old Windows 7 (32-bit) system required?
Both of 32 and 64 and XP, 7, 8, 10 are supported.

Thank you for your feedback! I intend to order a mini VCI cable and Nikolay's driver and will try to get the MUT III software working on my laptop on Windows 10 64-bit.

Nikolay,

I suppose your "J2534 Pass-Thru" driver is relying on the driver provided by the mini VCI cable vendor. However, until now I only found cable vendors explicitely stating that they only support 32-bit Windows.

Is my assumption regarding your driver correct? If yes, do you have a recommendation for a mini VCI cable which is compatible with your driver and can be used on 64-bit Windows?

Thank you.

sportster said:
Nikolay,
I suppose your "J2534 Pass-Thru" driver is relying on the driver provided by the mini VCI cable vendor. However, until now I only found cable vendors explicitely stating that they only support 32-bit Windows.
Is my assumption regarding your driver correct? If yes, do you have a recommendation for a mini VCI cable which is compatible with your driver and can be used on 64-bit Windows?
Thank you.

32-bit applications will also work with 64-bit OS. My driver support 64-bit OS'es. All J2534 adapters i know use 32-bit DLL's for work with 3-rd part programs.

As I'm curious by nature, I've been checking some of the links in this topic, although it seems a bit early to start fiddling with the battery software (hope I never have to).

I do wonder. Is it possible to turn off one or more of the "helpfull" warning sounds in the coding?

I fully understand the use of some of them, but they have really gone overboard with the beeps and blings. Of course I knew this buying the car (and did sleep over it, beïng a possible deal breaker), so can't complain. If it can be turned of though :mrgreen:

I have problems installing the MUT-III Software on my system. The „MUT-III CANBus Database“ installation step aborts with the messages „Instance does not exist“ and „Aquisition of a item went wrong“.

I’m using freshly installed Windows 10 Home 32-bit Version 1903.

Afterwards I tried to install the SQL Server 2014 Express download package provided by Microsoft separately. This did not resolve the problem.

I’m trying MUT-III 2018 Build PRE18091-00.

See attached screenshots. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• MUT-III installation problem Message 2.jpg
    MUT-III installation problem Message 2.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 124
  • MUT-III installation problem Message 1.jpg
    MUT-III installation problem Message 1.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 124
Update: I resolved this issue.

We need MUT 3 SE, not the whole MUT 3 package. Thus aborting the installation at the stage above is not a big problem.

I successfully installed MUT 3 SE by executing Mut3check.exe from the „MUT-3 SE" subdirectory of the MUT-3 installation folder. The destination directory was „C:\MUTSW\MUT3SE", thus I had to modify Nikolay's „!Fix MUT-III SE.bat" file to update this directory.

The instructions in the 1 thread was how to install mut and drivers. But can somone explain procedure itself? Which function have to be selected, does the battery needs to be discharged, etc.

Did it yesterday with a low battery.

Bought the car last week end 30km info , after the 600km trip back 1st Charge 25km

Simple reset 50km

Reset via MUT 64km

DBCAM 75km full charge.

2 times this week we did almost 60km without the engine running.

Thanks for the info.

For the procedure, just check the menu (1st is Special Function Reset , the second is battery something , and the dbcam is under Battery Capacity auto Mesurement)

Hi all, I am new in the forum, my name is Alfred from Madrid, Spain.
I bought my car last year and it has lost a lot of battery capacity since then. Currently I have 69.5% SOH.
I would like to try the triple procedure, but would like to know which tools and software I need to buy.
Please, can anyone help me?

kolyandex said:
sportster said:
Both of 32 and 64 and XP, 7, 8, 10 are supported.

Hi Nikolai,
I have already a cable j2534, would like to get your driver. Can you send me the instructions?. I have a laptop with Windows 10 64bit installed, is not a problem?. Which version of MUT III do I need, do you have a link to download it?.
Thanks

Just t confirm, Nikolai's (kolyandex) driver works like a charm with MUT-III SE (win10 x64)

Sorry for resurrecting a dead thread, but thought it'd be good to keep all the content in one place anyway.

I recently bought a MUT-3 (most likely a clone, despite having all the Mitsubishi markings and logos on it), because the CD it shipped on had a couple kilobytes of a corrupt installer on it, although everything else looks very polished and official, with a hard brief case style box, and custom cut out foam etc. Of course, I had hints before I bought it, since it was only about $700... But anyway...

I managed to download a copy of the MUT-3 Software, which seems to now install two copies - the original software, and a "SE" or "Second Edition" version.

Installing it on Windows 10 didn't install the right drivers for the VCI, and crashed during the database install - though others have mentioned that it was a non-fatal crash, and could use it after the install.

Installing it on Windows XP, I got it working for the original MUT-3 software, but any time I try to take any action, it tells me that function is only available in the SE edition. When I try to run the SE edition, Windows tells me that the SE binary not a valid windows 32 application. This usually means it was compiled for a later version of Windows.

I'm happy to buy Windows 7/8, or Kolyandex's driver for Windows 10 - If I was fairly confident either would work. But it seems like everyone is fumbling in the dark and getting it working almost seems to be as much by chance as anyone knowing what they are doing.

So anyone who got it working, can you let me know:

1) Which version of Windows did you use?
2) Did you have to buy a driver?
3) Did you have to work around any non-fatal errors during install?

Thanks!

Sunder said:
So anyone who got it working, can you let me know:

1) Which version of Windows did you use?
2) Did you have to buy a driver?
3) Did you have to work around any non-fatal errors during install?

Thanks!

1) Win 10 home 64 bit on Lenovo laptop with i3 processor.
2) Yes I bought the "driver". It is actually an interface connecting your OBD2 dongle with MUT-3 software.
Using MMCoddingWriter from the same guy Kolyandex is free though.
3) Yes i had to work around. The installation (MUT-3) didn't succeed the first time. Since I have read the problems are usually resolved by installing it on fresh WIN copy I did just that. Brought my operating system to an almost original state. (Keeping an image of fresh Win with most used programs installed)

Thanks for replying.

I'm wondering if it's even more complex then! If it's meant to be a bridge, can it bridge a device which literally has no driver? I'm presuming that you had another OBD connector already working, and it bridges that to the MUT-3. Not quite my use case, as I can't even get a working driver on Windows 10. It only works on XP, and SE won't run on XP.

Might give MMCodingwriter a go on a sacrificial VM over the weekend. Maybe it comes with a generic Windows 10 VCI Driver.

Again, cheers.

First I have tried MMCodingWriter with my old chinese Bluetooth ELM327 OBD adapter without success.
Bought chinese Tactrix Openport2 adapter, downloaded the driver for it from https://www.tactrix.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=38&Itemid=61 and MMCodingWriter connected flawlessly.
MUT-3 couldn't communicate directly with my Tactrix Openport2 adapter and that's when kaloyandex bridge come in play.
The OBD dongle has it's own driver. Kaloyandex is providing program called "Vehicle_CI_bridge" connecting OBD dongle to MUT-3 soft.

Back