WiFi Range Extender

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a BT Essentials Wifi Extender 300 (from Argos) that worked straight away with my 2015 GX4h. Was about £20 I think.

I had to set the SSID and passcode manually of course, but beyond that it just stays plugged into a socket inside my house near where I park the car. Now I can connect my iPhone to EXT-REMOTExxxxxx from much further away then open the app and it connects and works as normal. By 'as normal' I mean 4 times out of 5 it connects and works immediately, 1 time in 5 you have to click the refresh button before it will.

I can confirm that the Belkin N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender works flawlessly in extending the SSID range of the Outlander.

I recently purchased a 2018 Outlander PHEV 5H and probably like most owner, i was concerned about extending the short range of the wifi signal so i did some research and found this article and took a gamble to find and buy this extender.

Very easy set up (watched a short youtube video) and it now works like a charm.

Previously i had to be within a few metres to get a communication but i can now connect from my garden about 8/9m away and from my bed in my bedroom, 2 floors up.

You might have some issues finding this particular model of extender as it an older model. I found a used one and the seller on shpock...

I'm dealing with this problem and trying to understand it. I am also finding that I have to be within spitting distance to the car for the app to work. The salesman who sold me the car keeps insisting that the app works at unlimited distance because it works via satellite. He claims some owners turn on their HVAC 10 minutes ahead of time when their commuter train is approaching the station. I told him he must be smoking something.

I managed to do it with a D-Link DAP-1320.
Although it seems “private adress” in your iphone settings>wifi>info needs to be set to off, although ive no idea why!

For all those with Belkin N300 that got this working, can you specify the model number please?
Any steps on how to connect Outlander SSID to wi-fi repeater is really helpful

Where I park the car is usually 10-15m away from my house.

Any recommendations for that distance? I am happy to pay up to £400 if need be!

amirvenus said:
Where I park the car is usually 10-15m away from my house.

Any recommendations for that distance? I am happy to pay up to £400 if need be!

Have you checked that it doesn't work? I can reach my PHEV 15 metres away without any wifi booster.

It works also with OpenWrt firmware routers, e.g. TP-Link TL-WR841N. I guess many other routers with OpenWrt should work, since the principle is the same. Search for youtube video "How to use an OpenWrt device as Wireless Repeater or Extender". First configure it to extend an internet enabled wifi and test the extender. Then join REMOTExxx WiFi from the car and create the access point with exactly the same name and password, otherwise the newer Remote Ctrl apps will not work.

Back