Winter Tires and rims for 2018 Outlander PHEV SE

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm here in NY (USA) and just put on a set of 16" alloy wheels with Michelin Xi-2 Tires and TPMS sensors on my 2018 SEL PHEV. Bought everything from tirerack for $1,125 and it broke down as follows:

4x 215/70R16 Michelin Xi-2 Tires : $525
4x 16x7 Black Painted Focal F14 : $424
4x 315MHz TPMS Sensors : $176

The TPMS sensors needed to be registered to the car, which was 1/2hr of shop time. Hopefully I won't have to do that again, as the 1<->2 option in the settings menu isn't working for me.
Here is the link to the wheels I got in case there are questions about bolt patterns, etc:
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=4496718SB40B&wheelMake=Focal&wheelModel=F14&wheelFinish=Black+Painted&autoMake=Mitsubishi&autoModel=Outlander+SEL+S-AWC&autoYear=2018&autoModClar=

Your rims are good looking but a bit light to put under a 2 ton car. Hope you drive on good roads.

I have just fitted the 4x Michelin Cross Climate + AO (Audi) 225/55 r18 tyres rather than the Cross Climate SUV.

Better fuel ratting and re-enforced side wall also these are XL rated at 102 instead of the standard 98

So quiet and so responsive even in the light snow/ice we had in the UK the other day

Did you go to the dealer for registering those TPMS sensors from Tirerack.com?

phevpok said:
I'm here in NY (USA) and just put on a set of 16" alloy wheels with Michelin Xi-2 Tires and TPMS sensors on my 2018 SEL PHEV. Bought everything from tirerack for $1,125 and it broke down as follows:

4x 215/70R16 Michelin Xi-2 Tires : $525
4x 16x7 Black Painted Focal F14 : $424
4x 315MHz TPMS Sensors : $176

The TPMS sensors needed to be registered to the car, which was 1/2hr of shop time. Hopefully I won't have to do that again, as the 1<->2 option in the settings menu isn't working for me.
Here is the link to the wheels I got in case there are questions about bolt patterns, etc:
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=4496718SB40B&wheelMake=Focal&wheelModel=F14&wheelFinish=Black+Painted&autoMake=Mitsubishi&autoModel=Outlander+SEL+S-AWC&autoYear=2018&autoModClar=

Hello there

Owner of 2019 PHEV Gt

just bought 225 60 17 winter tire.

Is it true that Electronic parking brake on vehicle prevents installing smaller than 18in wheel?

Some dealers are saying that

thanks

At least here in Canada, I believe we have OEM PHEVs that some dealers include either the 16 or 17 inch rims from other versions of the outlander and they fit. Best to measure and confirm of course, but 17 should definitely clear the braking hardware on the 2018.

So only concern would be with some 16" steel wheels but all 17" should be ok? Anyone know what specific measurement I should look in16" steel rims which should match the dealer provided ones have?

Need to get winter tires this 6 year. My vehicle is 2018 outlander PHEV GT if versions matter and i am in Canada

What specs for 16" steel rims / wheels i should be looking for which have good enough clearance for bigger brakes on 2018 phev or what specs on 16" steels sell by dealer?

Back