I just found out after weeks of constant topping up petrol

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chelsealady30

I have STOPPED charging my battery whilst I am driving as I was constantly putting petrol In costing me a small fortune…

You do realise that what you've said makes absolutely no sense :roll:

You cannot drive the car without it trying to charge the battery once the battery shows empty. Well I guess you could if you knew what you were doing and hacked the various computers that control the car. So assuming you get home with the battery empty, pressing CHRG merely changes when the battery charges, not how much

Except if he charges more than it needs to get to his next charging point with empty battery.
Then he clearly is wasting the fortune. ;)

The OP clearly didn't realize that the charge button forces charging during driving, and that the ICE/generator consumes petrol. He was simply forcing the car to be a simple hybrid - which, for a two-ton car with the same air resistance as Canterbury Cathedral, is not very efficient...

And unlike a simple hybrid you will continue to burn petrol when stationary or would be otherwise coasting. As a result you will get a similar consumption figure to the dreaded "engine started" phase, when I have seen figures down to 12 miles per gallon :eek:

Oh, and once the battery is full, of course, you are just burning petrol to warm up the planet :twisted:

Back