Trex

New Phev specs released it seems

Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:27 pm

Hi fellow Phevers,
As can be seen here : https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead ... Qx6BAgDEAE
and here: https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/2 ... v-detailed
that some of the specs of the new Phev that is coming to Australia first half 2022 seem to be known now.

More power (approx 43% more) to the electric motors and a 20 Kwh battery giving 87 kms range (approx 60% more)."In addition to making the Outlander PHEV last longer on electric power, Mitsubishi has also increased driving range for the petrol engine through the use of a larger fuel tank" it says . Geez, what will you whingers have to complain about now? ;) :lol:

I even like the look of the new model but that will be very subjective depending upon one's tastes. :D :lol:

Regards Trex.

Trex

Re: New Phev specs released it seems

Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:19 pm

"The Outlander PHEV has gained a third row of seats for the first time, which aligns it in seating capacity with the regular petrol-powered 2022 Outlander. A two-row version will continue to be available" one of the article says.

So we get a 7 seater, very interesting. It appears Mitsi has made changes in the rear motor/inverter control unit placement to make that available . See :https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/2 ... ving-range where it says " Mitsubishi says it freed up space for the third row by unifying the rear motor with the control unit, while moving the control unit has also made for a quieter cabin".

I also read it has a bigger body which also helps the bigger fuel tank I would think.

Also this : "Mitsubishi has added a new one-pedal driving mode, allowing you to accelerate and decelerate simply by pressing and releasing the accelerator pedal". Sounds good for those people that bitched about this here at one time. :lol:

Good improvements all round so far IMO. Might trade in my oldest Phev for it. ;) :D
Last edited by Trex on Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trex

Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:08 pm

Now I will say this as person that has had a PHEV since they were released here (one of the first in Australia) which I still own (as well as a 2019 model) it's good to see Mitsi is upgrading the overall package. Mitsi are still number 1 (edit a brand from China may now be no 1) in Phev sales I think (so they must be doing something right it seems) and I am proud to be part of that journey.

I hope others that don't appear to like being part of that journey or seem to always find some fault with the PHEV find some peace with the PHEV or move on to something else for their own peace of mind or health and wellbeing.

But that is just my opinion. :)

Regards Trex.

somersetstroller

Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:00 am

Hi Trex

Unfortunately the new PHEV will no longer be an option in the UK.

greendwarf

Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:23 am

However, in the light of our wonderful post-Brexit trade deal with "the land down under" there is scope for grey imports. :idea:

kpetrov

Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:27 am

Trex wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:19 pm
Also this : "Mitsubishi has added a new one-pedal driving mode, allowing you to accelerate and decelerate simply by pressing and releasing the accelerator pedal". Sounds good for those people that bitched about this here at one time. :lol:
But one-pedal driving is not new in our older PHEVs!
Leaving it in B5 gives one a one-pedal driving experience.
2018 Outlander PHEV (Canadian)

mellobob

Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:06 am

I love B5! Just wish there were a way to set it as default :)

Trex

Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:47 am

Hi again fellow Phevers,
It's 3.41am on a Friday morning here down under. Yes I am from your future. You can call me Future Man. ;) :lol:

But seriously, I am off work soon but I won't bore you with the details. But will try to reply to any queries if I can later.

But before I go I definitely wanted to say Hello to Mr greendwarf Sir ;) and sorry but when I quoted about that one pedal driving I am pretty sure the reporter was talking about "proper" one pedal driving like on some EVs etc, ie come to a complete halt without using the brake pedal.

Got to go .

Regards Trex

greendwarf

Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:00 am

Good evening Trex - I trust you are enjoying your summer weather - something that seems a distant memory here :lol:

Return to “General / Main Outlander PHEV Owners Forum”