2018 PHEV cabin air intake

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DennisP

Hello,

I live in Canada. I received a 2018 PHEV used with only 10K kilometers on it.

The interior has a bad smell so I went to go change the cabin air filter. Once I got it all open behind the glove box, I found seeds, grass, mouse droppings, hair, etc... apparently a mouse/rat had gotten up in there and made a nest. The nest is ABOVE the cabin air filter. I carefully removed the old cabin air filter, and tried to clean and vaccuum and wipe out all of the seeds, grass, pebbles, etc. I did find a dead mouse in all of that debris, along with mouse hair, mouse droppings. Apparently the mouse chewed through some insulation, white fluffy with black cover? Any ideas where this may have come from?

My question is how did the mouse get in there? Where is the cabin air intake? I couldn't find it. I would like to locate it to make sure I got all of the debris out from the air intake. Thanks!

The inlet is under the plastic panel where the wiper spindles poke through. Remove the wiper arms and unclip the panel. likely to find a nest under there

I'm looking at the grate and see the removal method via the wiper blades. But, how could anything get in there? There are 2 cables running into it (washer fluid?), but they are gasketed. I really hate mice and am starting to hate them even more!

Back