Shift Lever Back to Front Operation

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are members posting on this forum so negative when I explain modification I am making to MY OWN car, all but 2 of the postings are criticism of my actions.
I am a UK 71 year old retired motor mechanic and precision engineer and have been involved in motorsport all my life, I service & maintain the car myself with the use of a Mut iii when necessary. I have made many modification to my PHEV, I am the only person to drive my vehicle, I have never used valet parking & never even seen a 7 storey car park !
Goodbye forum, I thought I could help others but it seems I am just wasting time .

As a grumpy 72 year old myself - of course he is right and the rest of you children are wrong! :lol:

I'm only 52 and think it is a great mod. More logical and more familiar at least for those used to manuals.
I just rented a polestar that has a similar setup, and went forwards when I meant to go backwards several times.
Bought the PHEV a week later and I think I am almost used to it.
The R to D movement is similar to a standard automatic, but forwards to go backwards isn't.

rsoarer said:
SORTED.....
I purchased a PHEV shift lever assembly the same as my model and with some engineering modifications I managed to turn the shift mechanism around in its cradle.
Now I move it left and forward for drive, left and back for reverse and just push forward for B regeneration..... Perfect.!

Great work! This paradox annoys me too!
I'll look into applying your mod. Thank you for reporting back.

Back