speed camera alert alarm bells

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidg

I have just acquired a new Outlander PHEV. H Great car but hugely distracted when loud alarm bells went off. Have finally tracked this down to a warning of approach to an Average Speed Camera zone, ( of which there are several on my daily commute !!). This is driving me mad. Is there any way that I can disable this alarm or even reduce the volume??. Dealer could not explain.
:) :)

It is a speed camera warning controlled by the TomTom Satnav. Look in the settings of Satnav to make changes .

I’ve had 2019 and now the new 2023 and they both have the annoying beeping alerts when they think there’s a safety camera nearby, it’s not a satnav thing it’s in the car how do you turn it off?

Are you sure that's what it is?

Other forum members (including me) have had an issue with the SATNAV 'curve warning'.

This is a single bell tone as a curve is approached.

See this post:

AndyInOz said:
The satnav gives of a single low tone "bong" when approaching a curve.
The only visible indicator is a little exclamation mark, inside I yellow diamond, that appears on the top of the map screen.
This happens if the satnav thinks you're going to fast for an approaching curve. (As far as I can see, it is VERY conservative)

You can turn that off by getting into the Nav menus:
NAVI MENU key
Type
Guidance
Curve Guidance (set to off)

Back