Who are you?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome lohr500 to both the forum and PHEV. I am in similar position as you and have never regretted buying the car 7 years ago. I'm only thinking of going to full EV by the change in the London Congestion Charge this autumn. I hope you have many years of driving pleasure.

HeliNurse said:
Also Have a 1984 Stage one V8 :D

Very nice indeed. Many years ago, my friend had a Stage 1 V8 County station wagon. Awesome piece of kit and sounded great.
Have you modified the carbs to take out the restrictor baffles and fit new jets? I seem to remember that was a popular modification at the time. ;)

Greetings! I'm Greg. My wife and I bought a low mileage off lease red 2018 PHEV GT in January, and so far really like it. We are in the Cleveland, Ohio, USA area. We owned a plug-in electric Ford Focus and a Hyundai Sonata hybrid in the past, but when we decided to downsize our fleet after we retired we traded the Sonata and a Dodge Ram truck in on the GT. The Mitsubishi wasn't on our radar until we started searching for used plug-in hybrids, but the reviews were good and the AWD feature comes in handy in Ohio winters. We have a 6.9kWp solar array on our garage so generate our own "fuel" most of the time. The prior owner had blacked out the chrome trim, a look we like. We love that the back seats fold down flat. Our only complaints : getting "yelled at" by the car ( we turn off the lane assist most of the time), lack of a navigation app, the adaptive cruise control took some getting used to, and to push the shift lever forward to go into reverse and vice versa seems counter-intuitive. The only changes I've made is installing a trailer hitch to tow the small cargo trailer we bought to replace the truck and a small (515 lbs. dry, 1,180 pounds max fully loaded) tent camper trailer.

Hi all
My name is Hammy
I have just reserved a 16 plated GX4HS, hoping to go buy it soon
I live in a village called Aslockton that is situated between Nottingham & Grantham
Thanks
Hammy

Hello All,

1. Owner - second hand 2016 bought October 2021
2. Model - 5h
3. Facelift
4. What attracted you to the car initially - Hybrid with towing ability
5. Location - Derbyshire UK
6. Occupation - Local Government worker
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before - None !

Hi all! I'm Henry.

1. Owner, date of delivery: 16.11.21
2. Model: Mitsubishi Outlander 4H Phev CVT 12kwh
3. Facelift
4. What attracted you to the car initially: Range and reliability of hybrid versus full EV
5. Location: London, UK
6. Occupation: Senior Manager, Dance (I manage principal ballet dancers for their gala appearances)
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before: Owner of MG ZS EV until this morning.....

I am switching to the Outlander because the MG just wasn't going to do it for us, driving to west Wales a few times a year. I'll probably switch back to full EV in a few years time when the range of cars has gone up dramatically.

Hi Henry, I'm in Sarf Lundun and been enjoying the benefit of PHEV ownership since 2014 - very cheap parking in Westminster and no Congestion Charge. It does seem a bit odd to give up on the later, courtesy of our mayor, when I'm thinking of moving the other way and swapping the Outlander for an MG 5 EV. :lol:

I know right?!

The MG is a brilliant car and if we didn't need to do long journeys then I would have kept it but we drive to west Wales 2 or 3 times a year and the motorway sapping of the battery is a killer.

But the MG5 long range will be a great bet I think.

Jim here, from Chatham, Kent, UK. Just joined here as bought a Red 2018 4HS a couple of days ago. We pick it up next Tuesday as it needs prep, MOT & service.
Gone from one extreme to another as I had a V8S Porsche Cayenne as a part ex on the Outlander. The Cayenne is getting a bit cranky & needy and needs some expensive jobs sorted.

Right, its me again. My car above turned out to be a cloned car!! So the police have seized it and I am out quite a lot of money..... the silver lining is that it confirmed for us that we love the car so we bought a:

1. Owner, date of delivery: 29.11.21
2. Model: Mitsubishi Outlander 4GHS Phev CVT 12kwh
3. 2016 model
4. What attracted you to the car initially: Range and reliability of hybrid versus full EV
5. Location: London, UK
6. Occupation: Senior Manager, Dance (I manage principal ballet dancers for their gala appearances)
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before: Owner of MG ZS EV previously and ripped off owner of a PHEV for 5 days.

Hi, Paul here

1. Owner of the second hand blue car (from Holland) since 01.12.21
2. Model: Mitsubishi Outlander Phev 4WD 2.0 (GG2W)
3. MY 2014
4. What attracted you to the car initially: Range (min. 30km) and owned PV panels (almost free soler energy)
5. Location: Gdynia, PL
6. Occupation: ERP system analyst; data security
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before: none

Hello All

just joined and wish I had sooner!

Name is Drew.

1. Owner / possible owner / date of delivery: Owner

2. Model / possible model: 2016 GX3 in metallic red. Purchased with 28,000 miles on the clock in September 2021 (I think I was fortunate to get in just before UK s/h prices went through the roof!)

3. Facelift / non facelift (after or before 2016 exterior change): Facelift

4. What attracted you to the car initially: we already have a full EV, and I was looking at hybrid options for my next change of car. While idly browsing, I saw this advertised locally and went to have a look. Depsiter not intending to change my car at that point, once I had test driven the PHEV, it was a done deal!

5. Location - city & country: just north of Glasgow in Scotland

6. Occupation (plus what that means in real language): service manager in statutory mental health services

7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before: currently own an EV (Renault ZOE)

My car doesn't have the EV isloation button, and that is my biggest frustration. Mt work commute can be achieved (with an additional trip at lunchtime, etc) on full EV, but the ICE kicks in, especially in colder weather (we have a lot of that in Scotland!). If anyone knows of a practical workaround - I'm guessing it has been discussed to death on here - or can link me to a topic, I would be eternally grateful.

Hi
Jarek here

1. Owner of the second hand Blue Pearl march 2022
2. Model: Mitsubishi Outlander Phev 4WD 2.0 (GG2W) GH4Xs
3. My 2016
4. What attracted you to the car initially: Range min. 35km
5. Location: Limerick, Ireland
6. Occupation: Technician
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before: none

Just this minute joined this site.
I expect delivery of a shiny new red 2023 model Outlander PHEV VRX at the end of June (two months time) I took a demonstrator for a test drive - about 150km yesterday and what a surreal experience. I have been driving powerful Jeep Grand Cherokee turbo Diesels for the last 15 years so this is a total about face for me.

1. Soon to be owner of new 2023 VRX PHEV
2. Model: Mitsubishi Outlander Phev 4WD 2.4
3. My 2023
4. What attracted you to the car initially: Range - refinement - power - tow rating
5. Location: Hastings New Zealand
6. Occupation: Happily Retired
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before: none - Son has Tesla Model 3 on order. I have been involved in building up LiFePO4 Battery packs for motor home / caravan house battery use and I am the admin on this site. https://www.nzmotorhome.co.nz/forum/search.php?search_id=active_topics
download (1).png

I just found this You tube clip that really highlights what an accomplished beast this new model really is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OzyvdnJdKU

Drewster1970 said:
My car doesn't have the EV isloation button, and that is my biggest frustration. Mt work commute can be achieved (with an additional trip at lunchtime, etc) on full EV, but the ICE kicks in, especially in colder weather (we have a lot of that in Scotland!). If anyone knows of a practical workaround - I'm guessing it has been discussed to death on here - or can link me to a topic, I would be eternally grateful.

It has been done to death, there are plenty of posts on the subject and it seems to vary by territory.

As a UK car, your ICE should only come on when battery is empty, you are going beyond the green Eco zone of the power meter with slow increases of accelerator pedal, you have jabbed the accelerator pedal down or the climate control is calling for it to heat the cabin 'rapidly' (depends on ambient temperature, above 10degC it usually allows the 'slower' heating from the electric heating loop, below that it will demand heat from the ICE to the loop). All of those things are manageable in normal driving to have you in control of 'EV priority'.

1. Owner 2018 PHEV since Feb 2023. Got it off lease with only 30K miles.
2. 2018 Outlander PHEV SEL Mercury Grey
3. Facelift? (post 2016)
4. EV mode with option to drive longer distances thru rural areas w/o L2 chargers while on petrol. Intended to commute fully on EV but learned that battery degradation and cold sub-freezing temps won't make that a reality year round even with <15mile total commute.
5. Minneapolis, MN: Icy winters w/ months of sub-freezing temps and ice rutted roads, blissfully pleasant 70-80degF (20-25degC) summers
6. Technical Directory/CG Animator. I help oversee interactive projects as well as work in 3D to model/animate for videos, apps, VR/AR and web
7. 2008 Prius owner since 2007. No PHEV/BEV experience til now.

1. Nick - the owner of a Canadian Outlander PHEV that had an accident in September 2022.
2. White Outlander PHEV MY2020
3. Second Facelift
4. Had a petrol Mitsubishi, a sleepy driver crushed into us last summer, the car saved us all, including the sleepy driver and his family. Unfortunately, the car was beyond repair. So I decided to take another Outlander, but a PHEV this time.
5. Sofia, Bulgaria
6. Product Lead
7. A few test drivers of hybrid vehicles.

Back