Carmageddon

Is the Chademo port still usable in N. America?

I am researching buying a used MY 19 GT.
I am wondering if during road trips, I could fast charge but I can't seem to find any Outlander PHEV specific information on connector or adapter for CCS.

Only results turn up for the Nissan Leaf.

It might not be very important feature I guess, but at worst it's something to consider and a good point for price negotiation.
mellobob

Re: Is the Chademo port still usable in N. America?

It's just fine. They are not stripping out the old chargers or anything like that :)
greendwarf

Mitsu warns against using them frequently as they by-pass the car's charging control system and might cause the battery to degrade faster. However, there is little user evidence to support this, because for most people the cost (both money and time - 20 minutes) to get an extra 20+ miles of EV driving, against the convenience of firing up the ICE, is not worth it - so most PHEV drivers rarely use them. I've maybe used them half a dozen times in almost 7 years!

Also blocking a pure EV driver from his only means of further travel earns you universal hatred. :roll:
jaapv

greendwarf wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:37 am Mitsu warns against using them frequently as they by-pass the car's charging control system and might cause the battery to degrade faster. However, there is little user evidence to support this, because for most people the cost (both money and time - 20 minutes) to get an extra 20+ miles of EV driving, against the convenience of firing up the ICE, is not worth it - so most PHEV drivers rarely use them. I've maybe used them half a dozen times in almost 7 years!

Also blocking a pure EV driver from his only means of further travel earns you universal hatred. :roll:
This.
I have not opened the port on the car since 2013.
Instyle 2019
Titanium Grey
Before:
Instyle+ 2013
Carmageddon

greendwarf wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:37 am Mitsu warns against using them frequently as they by-pass the car's charging control system and might cause the battery to degrade faster. However, there is little user evidence to support this, because for most people the cost (both money and time - 20 minutes) to get an extra 20+ miles of EV driving, against the convenience of firing up the ICE, is not worth it - so most PHEV drivers rarely use them. I've maybe used them half a dozen times in almost 7 years!

Thanks! So just a good negotiation point to lower the price a bit mostly...
littlescrote

You may wish to use the ChaDemo port for a V2H or V2G connection in the future.
Carmageddon

littlescrote wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:53 am You may wish to use the ChaDemo port for a V2H or V2G connection in the future.
How? If we cant do it now, we probably wont be able in the future as that standard is being deprecated and not going to be further developed...

Return to “General / Main Outlander PHEV Owners Forum”