New windscreen now key fob won't lock car

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cloudgazer83

We had our windscreen replaced today in our 2015 outlander phev. Unfortunately, after the chap had left I found the car wouldn't lock or start. Breakdown guy came and jump started it but it would still only start with the key in the slot. (So possibly it would have done that all along, my husband forgot to try the slot).
Car now work fine but this key and spare will not lock it or start unless in slot. One of those keys also has a new battery.
Any ideas? Im wondering if replacing the windscreen with the rain and light sensors messed with the key calibration on some way but I don't really have a clue!

Hi, the same as just happened to me today, anyone know the fix please? Auto Windscreens were no help?

Thanks Mike, did you have similar symptoms to me and did it have to go to the dealer or did the Windscreen company do it? Auto Windscreens came around today, clueless and saying it's nothing to do with them.

SOLVED - Fuse box behind glove box RHD - 7.5 Amp fuse number 18 Control Unit Relay blown

Hi all after no help from National Windscreens and not much from the dealer, I checked the battery and disconnected the terminal then checked all the fuses including behind the glove box. Culprit as above. Not sure what they did to blow it, but it caused a lot of hassle.

Appreciate the help from this forum (how to open boot with no power, remove glove box etc.)

Cheers

VIN D :cool:

Back