Orange / high voltage cable issue

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all

About three weeks back had several alerts came onto the dash when driving on the motorway, the following service alerts came on
FCM
ACC
ABS
RBS
ASC
EV
It was raining quite heavily when the alerts came on and then they disappeared the next day. I also saw the "car needs a service" alert although the car had only been serviced three months back. I booked in to my local garage regardless and they said they couldn't see any problems and didn't know how to clear the service alert - I've since solved this by the power of google
However....the alerts mentioned above have now been coming on more regular and now appear all the time, the rear-drive side breaks also started to make a noise, back to the garage.
Garage has advised me today that the rear brake disc and pads need changing but more alarmingly they won't touch the car as there is massive wear on an orange cable. The car needs to go to a dealership

Orange cable is the main power cable, question is, has anyone else experienced this problem, and was it costly to resolve? I don't quite now how such a vital cable would become exposed and to be able to wear down, surely it should have some sort of protection.

You are right this the first time anyone has mentioned any sort of problem with the power cables and it is difficult to see how they can get damaged except in a accident - perhaps yours is a rebuild?

Your local garage is quite correct not to touch the car. Hopefully the dealer can resolve this.

Back