Is it possible to run the AC/Heat while charging?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RhodeHouse

Is there any way to enable to AC/heat on a 2020 Outlander PHEV? I have dug through all the menus in the car settings and I can’t seem to find an option for it. I have owned several PHEVs in the past (2011 Volt, 2017 Volt, 2014 C-max Energi, 2015 i3) all of which were capable of running the air conditioning/heater to their full extent while the vehicle was plugged in and actively charging, so it’s very annoying when I want to sit in my Outlander at a public charger and I can’t heat or cool the cabin to a comfortable temperature. Any help is much appreciated

Hi,

Just go in the car, put contact and aircon on and it works.

But !! All the energy is used for the aircon whilst charging at 16Amp. So the battery is not actually charching (much).

I think Chademo could work, but I never used that plug.

You can do it in two ways:

1. By using the timer HVAC settings
2. Using the app to turn it on (if you can get the app to work at all, I haven't been able to to for a couple years now. 2018 model and now a 2022 model).

But in both cases, the car has to be off and if you open a door, it will turn the HVAC off. And I believe the longest it will run for is 20 mins.

But I agree... should have been more options in this regard.

The longest it will run is 30 minutes, but otherwise you're right. You can of course get in the car and close the door and start the heating/cooling from the app.

Back