EV System Service Required + ACC Service Required +AC fail

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evtricity

I've had my PHEV Aspire in Australia for two years now and have had ongoing problems with the car having problems with EV System Service Required and ACC Service Required messages and subsequent cruise control and air conditioning failures. The errors usually appear when the Adaptive Cruise Control is engaged and the battery gets to a low charge level. When the error messages appear the engine starts revving sporadically (up and down every second or so for 5-15 seconds before settling down) and loses speed. The cruise control stops working and often, particularly if the ambient temp is over 30C the Air Conditioning stops cooling. The messages usually remain after the card has been switched off and on and the ACC will not work although the A/C usually does work again. The messages are then cleared and the issue resolved temporarily when we return the car to the dealer.

I've taken it to be repaired at my local Mitsubishi dealer at least 4 times and it's been off the road for 20-30 days in total and they have replaced the ECU and Air Conditioning unit for free but the problem is still not resolved. I have booked it in again next week as the problem continues to reappear whenever we go for longer drives where the battery is depleted and/or the Adaptive Cruise Control is used on motorways. Car has done about 17,000km and serviced annually by the same dealer.

I am wondering if anyone has heard of this behaviour themselves and what was the resolution. Our warranty expires in under 12 months so the problem needs to be fixed for good this time or preferably the car replaced.

Thanks for your help.

If I were you I would call Mitsubishi Australia in. Clearly your dealer needs some support solving this, possibly from Japan.
I don't see how the lapse of the guaranty can be of influence on a problem that has manifested itself within the warranty period, BTW.

jaapv said:
If I were you I would call Mitsubishi Australia in. Clearly your dealer needs some support solving this, possibly from Japan.

I've been told by my dealer that Mitsubishi Australia have been heavily involved in troubleshooting to date - not sure about Mitsubishi Japan though.

If it is a software problem it might be solved from Japan. But Mitsubishi Australia can be the judge of that.

Dear Evtricity,

1 month ago I experienced exactly the same. On my way from the Netherlands to Italy, my Mitsubishi outlander PHEV 2017 came to a stop without any warning. we were on the road for a long time and it was quite warm (42 C) car started to slow down. I noticed that car was only running on the EV at the time. After the EV battery was empty, all error messages came up like (EV System Service Required + ACC Service Required +AC fail). Car was brought to dealer in Italy where they had absolutely no knowledge about PHEV's. After resetting everything worked again and according to the mechanic I could drive back to the Netherlands. 20km further on the highway when I started using cruise control the car started to reduce speed again and drove only on EV. Meanwhile, after a long wait, the car will arrive tomorrow in the Netherlands at the dealer and I am very curious what they think. I'm afraid they can't find it,

I'd like to know how it eventually worked out with your car.

Thanks in advance.

The car could not be repaired and was replaced by Mitsubishi Australia with a car of similar age and kilometres.

Back