TPMS OBD relearn?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zapp7

Probably a long shot, but has anyone succeeded in doing an OBD relearn for TPMS on the PHEV?

I'm using an Autel TS508 that claims to support the PHEV, but it fails to write the sensor ID's to the ECU on my 2019 model.

So annoying if this doesn't work and I end up having to go to the dealership. This TPMS relearn seems like a money grab by them.

I'd be interested to hear the method too...

I have after market, in-tyre sensors, and it would be interesting to see if I can integrate them into the car's systems.

(NB. I currently have a separate display on the dashboard, solar-powered/rechargeable, which displays tyre temperature and pressure).

NB. This is the TPMS fitted on my car by Beaurepairs in Australia:

http://www.pdwgroup.com.au/product/pdw-solar-tpms-internal-sensors-pack/

zapp7 said:
Probably a long shot, but has anyone succeeded in doing an OBD relearn for TPMS on the PHEV?

I'm using an Autel TS508 that claims to support the PHEV, but it fails to write the sensor ID's to the ECU on my 2019 model.

So annoying if this doesn't work and I end up having to go to the dealership. This TPMS relearn seems like a money grab by them.

I have Mitsu sensors in my car. I have tires swapped once a year (here we need snow and summer tires) and my local tire shop does the swap and has little machine which reads the name/brand of each sensor and then programs the car via the port. No problems at all. Yes, I know we should program set 1 and 2 via the dashboard interface, but it's easier to just let the tire shop do it :)

I bought some winter wheels with sensors already in and can just swap them over with the summer ones as set 1 and 2. I don't know if they are "Mitsi" sensors or aftermarket, but I did not have my car programmed to accept them in any way.

Back