TPMS light going on and old software at non-Mitsubishi shops

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

htnelson

Hi, I bought a set of snow tires and rims and had them mounted for winter driving. The problem is that the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) light goes goes on EVERY time I have a non-Mitsubishi tire store put the tires on. Only the dealer can turn the light off--and that is a 45 minute drive and mandatory appointment. Every tire store tells me the same thing: Mitsubishi needs to release a new software update to the computer reader vendors, which they DONT like to do. The rumor is that Mitsubishi wants their service shops to take in $$.
If you are having the same problem, please call or email Mitsubishi and request that they release the most current Mitsubishi TPSM software to vendors immediately.

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/contact-us

I would love to hear if someone has a work-around for the TPSM problem on aftermarket tires and rims.

I have never had this issue; I have had tyres put on by our local garage with no problems at all.

Is it particularly hard to get to the dealer options to set this up?

If you have an MMCS unit it's just a three finger salute (top right, bottom right, bottom left IIRC)

(Note, this may vary between models, I've never seen this listed anywhere)

Back