[UK] DAB System Issues

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niddnet

Hi All,

First (well, officially second post) here - and wow, what a great resource for the Outlander PHEV. Thanks to you all for the weeks of reading I've had so far.

I've come across a small issue with my MY14 - the DAB radio is simply not picking up ANY signal at all.

I've sat with the car in areas of known good signal, and scanned and scanned, but alas, NOTHING on any of the MPXs.

The research I've done has led me to believe that the DAB unit is an additional module for MMCS (presumably so other markets can have Satellite, etc. instead) - and this separate module has 2 connectors - 1 to connect to the MMCS head unit, and the second being an antenna connector. So logical reasoning would have me believe that this DAB antenna lead has come off / come loose.

Can anyone give me a clue as to WHERE the DAB unit might be located, and if it's something I could remedy myself? (I'm not averse to removal of trim, panels, etc. having formerly been the unofficial 'chief' hands-free-kit installer in a previous company! Remember those 'after market' hands free kits that were all the rage before Bluetooth was a thing?! Wow.)

I did have a part code for the DAB unit, but have since lost it - I'll update here if I find it again.

I've looked on the Russian website for the MY14 manuals, but without images, it's a bit painful. I posted to see if anyone has the full 'ISO' they would be prepared to re-upload for me...

Well, that's it for now - other than that, more than happy with my first foray into Hybrids!

Thanks all

Ross.

The module (at least I think!) is an 8701A396

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/2015-Mitsubishi-Outlander-PHEV-Tuner-Digital-Radio-Control-Module-8701A396/1750361539

Don't know if this helps anyone?

Ta!

I am installing an aftermarket head unit and I am also looking for the dab+ unit to be able to utilize the cars built in antenna. I found a German forum where this guy talked about his dab unit being in the a-pillar...but I have nothing in either side. Did you ever find yours?

Ok I found the dab tuner. It is in the lower part of the pillar next to the passenger door. You can get it from under glovebox. Fakra male to sma male will do it!

Long shot as this is an old post but I can't seem to find the DAB tuner on my DE14 Outlander PHEV, had a good look round the passenger side under the glove box as mentioned but I don't see anything that looks like the dab tuner with an audio type connector on it... Am I missing something, did they vary the position of it during 2014? Confused as I'd like to get my aftermarker Pioneer head unit working for DAB without installing an ugly window mounted aerial :(

You're a genius. Here's me not even considering that a glovebox could be on the wrong side. :) DAB gizmo located. Thanks!

I think the term 'glovebox' had convinced me it was a UK person - that's my poor excuse.

Back