Recommend a charging cable for mainland Europe

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nrayanov

My second-hand Mitsubishi Outlander 2020 PHEV GT came without a charging cable, so I need to acquire one.

Please recommend a charging cable for mainland Europe. That's for Type 1/2 charging, not ChaDeMo.

Any of them. Whatever length and style you prefer. No point paying for anything capable of more than 3.6kW as the car charger will never pull it.

I researched a lot of options and settled on DUOSIDA 3030-PSE-16-5C-ES 220V.
It's for 3.7 kW, 220V, and has a schuko plug, the other part is a female SAE J1772, roughly 230 Euro, $245 or 200 pound sterling.

Will wait for opinions a few days before ordering. It's the holiday season anyway, I doubt anyone will ship it between the holidays.

Interesting question. I live in UK, have had my Outlander PHEV from new (Dec 2017). Planning a holiday in Ireland this summer. Not expecting to come across many charging points but still hoping to be pleasantly surprised. I have the charging cable supplied with the car, with UK 13amp plug - presumably this will work in Ireland if I can get close enough to a standard socket?

Back