Help! Parked in cold weather and starting system won't turn OFF

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ThudnBlundr said:
You can tell if you have it by trying to connect to WiFi when you're stood next to the car. If something comes up with the name REMxxxxxx, you have it. If it doesn't, you don't.

I believe if you don't have anything connected to it, it could be deactivated and not show that.

You can find out if you have it by trying to activate it as if you were registering the App. Follow the instructions in the App for how to do that.

As I say though, you will need the SSID and password - you can only get those from a dealer based on your VIN unless they are on a little card in your documentation folder. You are looking for something like REMOTExxxx.

DibbyDibbyDJ said:
I am pretty sure the left side of the car is always on the left, whether it is RHD, LHD or mind controlled. :roll:

Manufacturers refer to left hand from when you sit in the seat inside the car.

Yes, but if it's on the left of a RHD car, there's a high chance it will be on the right in a LHD car. Smartarse.

ThudnBlundr said:
You can tell if you have it by trying to connect to WiFi when you're stood next to the car. If something comes up with the name REMxxxxxx, you have it. If it doesn't, you don't.

Thanks, mate! :!:

littlescrote said:
As I say though, you will need the SSID and password - you can only get those from a dealer based on your VIN unless they are on a little card in your documentation folder. You are looking for something like REMOTExxxx.

Actually you can find the SSID and pass with a free soft MMCodingWriter and OBDII adapter.

littlescrote said:
ThudnBlundr said:

I believe if you don't have anything connected to it, it could be deactivated and not show that.

You can find out if you have it by trying to activate it as if you were registering the App. Follow the instructions in the App for how to do that.

DibbyDibbyDJ said:
I am pretty sure the left side of the car is always on the left, whether it is RHD, LHD or mind controlled. :roll:

Manufacturers refer to left hand from when you sit in the seat inside the car.

Yes, but if it's on the left of a RHD car, there's a high chance it will be on the right in a LHD car. Smartarse.

Unless like myself you are a Mitsubishi Master technician, who has changed numerous of these units, and knowing the vehicle inside out and how MMC builds its cars has a better insight that you. Cock

nrayanov said:
DibbyDibbyDJ said:
nrayanov said:
How can I understand if I have it (without looking for it)?

Ask a local dealer if you have it. If they go onto the vehicle database they can tell from the Bill of Materials

The car is not from a local dealer, it's a Mitsubishi Outlander 2020 PHEV GT imported from Vancouver, Canada.

The local dealer is not very cooperative with cars that are not bought through them, even though I had a petrol Mitsubishi Outlander 2020 bought from them just 2 years ago (long story short a sleeping driver crushed into us, we got lucky all without a scratch, even the baby, but the car got totaled, hence the one above).

Or just call any dealer in Canada. Hopefully there would be one helpful one out there.

DibbyDibbyDJ said:
Unless like myself you are a Mitsubishi Master technician, who has changed numerous of these units, and knowing the vehicle inside out and how MMC builds its cars has a better insight that you. Cock

Wow, that's unnecessarily abusive. Have you seen a lot of both LHD and RHD examples through your dealership that you've masterly used your tech skills on?

You called me a smartarse. I responded appropriately.

And yes, Working in a professional dealership we get to see Mitsubishi vehicles from various markets, and have all the technical information to hand.

Oultlanders will have the same wiring Harness from ES (low spec) models to Exceed (high spec) , as producing 1 harness in stead of 1 for each trim level makes sense, and being a RHD country, the vehicle is designed as such. The dash harness only will have a LHD variant, but will use the same connectors as RHD, and connect in the same spots to the RHD body and engine harness.

Back