A Covid Outlander Story

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbasjm

I meant to tell this story earlier. A couple years ago, my daughter graduated middle school, and so due to Covid-19 and social distancing, they had a drive-in outdoor ceremony along with a play that they recorded on video. The school rented this huge outdoor stage with a screen and they simulcast the audio over FM radio. So basically it's like a drive-in movie theatre. The graduation ceremony was about an hour and so was the video movie.

Not fully thinking it through - I only had accessories on, and the event completely drained my battery. I needed to get jumpstarted before I could leave. I wasn't the only one though - there were about 10-12 other cars (mine was the only electric vehicle) that also needed to get jumpstarted after this event.

The beauty of any EV in that situation is that you can just leave it ON and have A/C, heated seats whatever.

I drained the 12v the same way a while ago as well. I was putting up shelving in the garage and was using the PHEV in accessory mode to listen to music. After a while the music stopped. Looked in the car and it was dead even though it was still plugged into the Level 2 EVSE.
The cool thing was that after I jumped the car awake it reset my BMU to 100% capacity!

Back