Does the 2016+ 4hs/5hs have Traffic Jam Assist?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afia2k8

Hello all,

I'm looking to buy a used Outlander Phev in the UK, 2017 onwards, trim level 4hs or 5hs (the one with adaptive cruise control and electronic handbrake, and I believe does not have carplay or android auto).

Just wondering whether the adaptive cruise control has traffic jam assist? ie. it comes to a stop at a traffic jam then moves forward automatically. And if you're stopped too long, you just have to press a button to resume.

I've looked at brochures and reviews but see no mention of this anywhere. Many thanks!

Certainly on our early 2015 model, it will bring the car to a standstill, but then flashes a warning and disengages. It's also rather jerky, so I try to disengage manually before that happens. It won't re-engage till 25mph - or a bit slower if there's a car moving in front of you.

Sort of. IIRC if you come to a complete stop it deactivates, if you keep it rolling it that. I find it better to concentrate on driving properly yourself and maintain sensible gaps and try and smooth traffic flow rather than creating a tailback in your wake.

I see, so it looks like it will only come to a stop and then disengages. That's a shame!

Unfortunately there's a part of my commute where there's a tollbooth that usually has a traffic jam, so would have been very helpful! Just trying to decide whether to go for the outlander or the more expensive Volkswagen Passat GTE advance estate.

Thanks all!

I think even the 2020 model will deactivate the ACC when coming to a complete stop and require you to put your leg on the brake pedal.

I had a 2020 petrol and it worked like that, I would be surprised if the PHEV has a different ACC.

Back