End of charge period

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpcota

Hello,
I have an Outlander PHEV 2017 reg and wanted to know if anyone charges them on Source terminals.
The reason I ask is to know if you get a notification from Source via email stating the car is not charging anymore.
In my case, I receive a message a few minutes after plugging in stating the car is not actively charging (which is not true) and the car keeps charging, as the Source machine is blue. Noticed that after 2.5 hours, the charge is complete but I do get no notification - and if I leave it for longer, I get charged idle fees! But no notification...
Is this normal? What notifications do you get on your car when charging, how much in Kwh does it charge and finally what kind of approximate mileage do you get per charge under normal driving conditions?
I wanted to know more before I take it to the dealership again.
Thanks.

Hi, it was a normal slow charge, by Source. I use my own cable. I never once charged on fast-chargers, heard not so great things about it.

It looks like no one on this forum is using this type of charger. I just use the one I got with the car and it works fine. It doesn't do anything smart and doesn't send any notification though.

I haven't used such a cable, but there are plenty of cables out there that do fine. If you can borrow from a neighbour or a friend a normal type 1 cable, you can try it to see if the issue is with the Source cable.

What is 'Source'? is it a charging network? What country?

Members here will help if they can but need to know exactly what the question is...

Source is one of the various companies that offer charging points across London.
You use their cable or your own cable and you plugin to your car.
You have to have a membership with them or use it as a guest (which is more expensive to charge).
The membership option offers features like an email to let you know the car has fully charged, thus, time to unplug and drive away. Else they charge idle time, which is about 20p per 5 minutes, and that adds up to the bill.
My question is: I have errors on these emails where I get one as soon as plugin it that states that the car is not actively charging, so I will get charged idle fee. That is not true, as the car carries on charging and I do not get idle fee.
Then I get a final message to say the car has finished charging, but then the battery is not fully charged - and from that point, I start getting charged idle fees.
Hence my question: does anybody has the same experience whilst using charging points? How many Kwh charge do you get per charge?

This is what a Source point looks like:
https://www.alamy.com/source-electric-car-charging-point-in-sw11-london-uk-image419572617.html?imageid=3FF8A9C4-B715-4D6B-BDFC-8A75DE813671&p=77837&pn=1&searchId=364d76961e0659d55f64d6589d00f4ef&searchtype=0

From their website:

Plugs and power

The majority of Source London charge points are double-headed 3kW (Type 1) and 7.4kW (Type 2) charge points.

These double-headed charge points can be used by one vehicle at a time.

Source London also provides 22kW (Type 2) fast charge points. We recommend checking that your vehicle is fully compatible with these charge points before using them as not all vehicles are able to support 22kW charging.

We are also installing an updated version of the 22kW charge points which has a dual connection, allowing two vehicles to charge at the same time.

Can we assume from the above, that you're using the 3kW Type 1 connector that is provided on the charging point?

Or, are you using some kind of adapter cable ?

I am using a Type2-Type1 thick, high quality cable. So I plug in the Type 1 connector to the car, and then the Type 2 to the Source point. Can somebody please answer if they know the issue? It is over a month now since I have posted and only I am only receiving useless comments.
My question is experience on the charging on an Outlander - does anybody get the error messages I am getting via email?

Back