Heating System Query

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macaulays

Afternoon All,

I currently have a UK 2016 Outlander 4h which I bought in November last year and have a couple of quick queries about the complicated heating system! Currently, when using the pre-heat functions, cold air only or vaguely tepid only blows in the car, it certainly isn't 'warm' air by any means. While I appreciate this may be a low output function just to 'take the edge off' in the vehicle, I feel my previous 2014 4h got actively warm when using the preheat function, once I had eventually got the app working that is... Additionally, when driving, in EV mode I can see the A/C segment on the display drawing 4-7KW (if target temp set to c. 16-17C) but no notable warmth enters the cabin, turning the target temp up (say 18C+) just activates the petrol engine but again, tepid at most would be what seems to make it through - this would be with outside temp c. 3-10c typically during winter. When driving on petrol with target temp turned up (say 20C+) then warmth does make it through but again, a fairly weak flow and notably less than our other 'conventional' diesel vehicle.

Queries:

i) does the above scenario sound indicative of any issue or just my expectations of the systems performance being excessive?

ii) as I purchased in winter I haven't had chance to test the A/C system at all, all our other vehicles of similar age with R1234 refrigerant have tended to be empty (!) when we bought them and needing a full regas. Does the way the system works mean the refrigerant has any role to play in transfer of heat in heating mode or would that be irrelevant and only affect cooling performance in the summer?

Many thanks for any thoughts!

Sandy

Back