2017 UK Outlander PHEV MMCS outlander upgrade

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coaster77

Hi all,
I am really sorry if this has already been done to death. I would like to upgrade my existing MMCS unit (W17) in my Outlander PHEV to a model that supports carplay/android auto. I dont really mind if the upgrade is to something OEM or aftermarket.
Has anybody succesfully achieved this? There isnt alot online about it anywhere.
If it is possible can anybody recomend a good doubleDin unit to go for with the associated wiring harness?
Thanks all

No experience of them but there are some 3rd party units you see if you search online, tho you'd lose all the EV stuff of course.

My 2019 has a non-standard but Mitsu unit, similar to the older MMCS but one probably fitted to some L200 or Mirage models which does have AA/CarPlay as well as in-built SatNav if you can get the microSD maps for it (I don't have that). Works well with the steering wheel controls, has CD/DVD and shows the 360 camera, but only one USB port so in my car the centre console rear one is no longer connected. It also has a mic stuck on the steering column so whoever fitted it didn't get the OEM mic to work with it. I also do not have any EV screens or ability to set timers etc with this unit. I use the WiFi remote app if needs be and wouldn't be using the central display for noise like EV monitor display etc so its no loss to me, personally.

Now I didn't fit it, perhaps Mitsu did or it was DIY and I've not had it out to see what the connections are like, perhaps one day I'll see if I can sort the mic but its not that important to me tbh. Pic attached if it helps. I've seen these and the later PHEV SDA on ebay from time to time. Oh this ones AA over USB, not wireless BTW so if you wanted wireless it won't help much.

Attachments

• image_2023-04-10_175257960.png
    image_2023-04-10_175257960.png
    710.1 KB · Views: 39
Thanks very much Dave. Yes I have not found anything that would keep all the EV functions as well. A shame as the MMSC is very basic indeed, thanks though. Maybe there is someone out there that has been able to get a unit that does it all

Back