Installing interior LED

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lon12

I had a hard time finding out how to open the interior light fixtures. So here are a few pictures of the rear passenger reading lights and the main cabin light.
To remove the rear passenger cover I used a VERY small flat screw driver from a watch repair kit. Has to be sharp to grab the plastic.
IMG_0350.JPGIMG_0351.JPG

The cover over the two front lights can be snapped off with your finger tips. Be sure not to grab the white housing that it snaps into.
IMG_0352.JPGIMG_0353.JPGIMG_0354.JPG

Over the weekend I had an issue where the overhead lights were not turning off when I closed the doors. I am sure the 12v battery would have been drained if it wasn’t noticed in time. I did a reset using the overhead switch and it has been working ok since then.

For the interior ones are you using CANBUS types or non?

I'd not see much point if CAN type as they have a shunt resistor to put a similar load as a regular bulb so you're not saving much in the way of power, but of course a longer lifespan hopefully. I have thought about doing similar with non-CAN types, not that they're ever on very long so that's one for some time down the road for me.

DaveL59 said:
For the interior ones are you using CANBUS types or non?

I'd not see much point if CAN type as they have a shunt resistor to put a similar load as a regular bulb so you're not saving much in the way of power, but of course a longer lifespan hopefully. I have thought about doing similar with non-CAN types, not that they're ever on very long so that's one for some time down the road for me.

Non CANBUS. 1.5W

Back