ravinat wrote: ↑Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:40 pm
I live in Central Canada and took a test drive of an Outlander 2023 PHEV today. I put in a deposit for a Ioniq/5 from Hyundai and I am not sure, if they will ever deliver. I am considering the Outlander as its SEL trim is about 60K on the road. I focused on the drive and not much on the electronics today. I am not blown away by the drive, but not disappointed wither. I have a few questions and would appreciate some feedback:
1. Two of the Mitsubishi dealership guys gave me different numbers of EV range and one said 70KM and another said 80KM in summer. The second guy did mention that you'll get about 60KM of EV range in the winter. The official numbers from Mitsubishi is 62 KM. Which is the right number? Has anyone used this and got anywhere greater than 60KM of EV range?
- depends on how you drive and your local terrain. I am getting about 60km in the winter on winter tires, mostly flat driving in the city.
2. One of the salesman told me that it will take 9 hours for a full charge and the second guy told me that it will take about 16 hours. Which is correct? Somewhere I read that it is 14 hours.
- Level 1 EVSE will max out at 12a, which is about 1.3 kwh. In the winter the draw is 10a or 1.1 kwh, so is taking me 19 hours if the battery is completely drained. When the temp is better it should be closer to 16 hours (20 kw/ 1.3 kwh = 16. The last 20% of the battery takes longer to charge).
- level 2 EVSE will max out at 3kwh, which is the limit of the car charger. 20kw/3kwh = 6-7 hours if battery has zero charge, although there is always a reserve in the battery to drive the rear motor so zero battery on the console means less than 20 kw is required to back to 100% charge. I have no experience of differing level 2 evse charge times in the winter without a garage, heated or not.
3. My Toyota Camry hybrid, after 15 years still gives me about 6.5 L/100KM in the summer and about 7.5-8 L/100KM in the winter. I am hearing different numbers and Mitsubishi says it is 3.6Le/100KM. What is the practical number?
- depends on how you drive and your local terrain. I am getting about 6l/100km in the winter (0 to -10C) on winter tires. When the temp got to below -20C I was seeing about 7.5l/100km as the engine runs more often or higher rpms (there is no rpm gauge though so other than on/off you don't know how fast the engine is turning and hence how much fuel it is using). There is no transmission though so the setup is to be a series hybrid: the design is for the ICE to generate electricity to be stored in the battery, which drives the front and rear motors. It runs in parallel hybrid where the ICE can drive the front axle when above 70kmh and when conditions warrant.
4. How much does the passenger and driver seats recline in the car? The Ioniq/5 has a feature that lets you almost go flat on the driver seat and take a nap.
- completely flat. There is a youtube vid by Andreas Lochner where he is sitting in the 2nd row and is using the front seat to rest is legs, lounge chair like.
5. There is very little information on the electronics on board. Can someone give more information on number of USB ports on the SEL model? Are these 2M ports or 1A? I saw 2 ports (one USB-c and another USB-A ) ports in the front). I am not sure if the SEL has charging ports in the rear.
- there is 1 x USB-A and 1 x USB-C port in the front. Same setup in the rear. I forget the mA but one is at least 2mA, if not a bit higher, and the other is higher than 1mA.
6. Is the Android auto a wired or wireless interface? Even the Ioniq/5 has it as wired only.
- wired. I have a Huawei and it does not work with Android Auto though.
7. Does the entertainment system have dedicated USB ports for music and SD slots?
- the front USB ports double as this. There is also a cigarette charge port in the front if you want to add usb charging if using the dedicate usb slots for an audio device. Bluetooth is also another way to stream music.
8. Apart from the storage compartment in the center, are there other storage facilities - coin holders, eyeglass holders?
- door pockets, glove compartment, sunglasses in the roof console. That's it.
9. Are the interior lights in the car LED lights, or just the headlights only?
- don't recall exactly, I think they are incandescent.
10. What is the color of the turn signal - orange or red?
- more yellow than orange. When the headlights are on, the LED running light stays on when the signal flashes. When the headlights are off, the LED running light turns off when the signal flashes.
Thanks in advance for your response.