B5 default?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SS2115

I find I'm driving everywhere in B5.
Is there any way to make this the default when starting up and driving away?

It is mildly frustrating. You have to develop a 'pre-flight' routine - in my case: Eco mode on; select B5; engine noise off; cruise control on. It only takes a second, since I've done it so often, but it should really be possible to 'save' the settings. (Perhaps it is possible on newer models?)

ThudnBlundr said:
Short answer - no
Long answer - you would need to rewrite the software to do this, so no

I've been long time involved in BMW's.
For those (and Mercedes I believe) there are software hacks and bypasses and in-depth settings throughout the internet. There are CAN devices for continual monitoring of engine parameters etc without having to use the OBD plug, but there are a few phone apps for Bluetooth OBD plugs as well.
ie: quite a developed BMW culture to modify, personalise, fix software and electronic modules and make the car your own.

It surprises me that a similar culture hasn't sprung up around the longest/best known PHEV vehicle as the Outlander. Especially as there seems to be so many complaints of the poor software and/or its execution.

Back