WiFi reset procedure (Step by Step)

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The procedure fails mid way through, if your phone is set to auto-connect to your home wifi.

(because your phone connects to the wrong wifi source)

Forget (or delete) your home wifi settings before starting the procedure with the app.

Another method is to take your car somewhere where there is no wifi and do the registration procedure there.

The phone connects to the wifi network REMOTExxxx fine with the password, no internet of course. But it connects.

Basically the problem is that when you enter the wifi password in the app, the app doesn't switch networks to the REMOTExxx ssid. If I manually switch it, it still doesn't work.

I have a Galaxy 9 and recall having some issues with the phone jumping around between Wifi networks. I have the phone set up to forget the car's wifi network but retained the automatic connection to my home network. Just as you, I don't leave at set times everyday. So here's my procedure:

- 10 or 20 minutes before I leave (depending on the outside temperature) I hobble over to the kitchen window (closest to the car/driveway), manually switch networks to the car's "REMOTExx"

- after connecting to REMOTExx I start the PHEV app and turn on the heater (I use defrost rather than just heat - nice that it also turns on the rear and side mirror defrosters)

- after seeing that the command is successfully sent to the car I kill the app and the manually reconnect to my home Wifi.

As an aside, I increased the heater time-out from 10 to 20 minutes. When it gets colder, 10 minutes doesn't cut it.

My more convenient solution is to send a text message (sms) to a slave phone that I have in the car. That way I don't have to be within 20 meters of the car or fiddle with Wifi settings.

You can read my ramblings on the thread "Remote access via sms and Tasker..." here http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4122
In that thread Zuikkis posted an innovative solution to problems with the slave phone's battery dying.

Hope this helps.

Was able to connect to bluetooth but app still required password for wifi can this be reset? If so what does it go to when you carry out the steps as provided above? Or have I not read the thread correctly? Help required.

Jimairi said:
Was able to connect to bluetooth but app still required password for wifi can this be reset? If so what does it go to when you carry out the steps as provided above? Or have I not read the thread correctly? Help required.

Reset WiFi does not change the password

For get the WiFi password, only a Mitsubishi dealer is able to help you.

At first I was asking for paying for such service, but then while I did service my car into a different dealer they did provide the password for free

The dealer need to connect to the car and read the password (or make a firmware reset/update) in order to give you the WiFi password, so it is not possible to know your password without having a Mitsubishi dealer connected to your car

PS: If you are not having the password, you can also disable WiFi which help on a bit "power" saving in the car. I was able to mute Wifi on my car ... but then I lost the detail procedure for it ... :?

ThudnBlundr said:
Does anyone know how much power it takes to run the WiFi hotspot? I assume it runs 24/7 unless you turn it off, so it's not insignificant...

Since the PHEV is programmed to top up the 12V every 24h when WiFi is on ... we should not expect more then 10w consumption. (My guess is that this is ~5w)

Anyhow top up 150wh in the 12v battery from the main lithium battery, most probably does cost over 250wh a day from the main battery ... so better to don't left the car parked for many days with low SOC / low EV range.

I went through all the steps to reset the WIFI to register etc... No success.
I get to the point where I can see the REMOTEXX wifi, select and ad the password but in both phones (iPHone and android) it says it cannot connect.
Any brilliant idea out there that could help?

Attachments

• IMG_20190419_213300.jpg
    IMG_20190419_213300.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20190419-211309.jpg
    Screenshot_20190419-211309.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 35
You need to either "forget" any local wifi settings, or be out of range when you perform this procedure.

What happens is your device connects to a local wifi rather than the car at this stage of the procedure, then it cannot connect to the car.

So there are several ways to achieve this:

1. Drive to somewhere with no wi-fi connectivity and then start the procedure.
2. Turn off all local wifi emitters before starting the procedure.
3. Delete or "forget" all local wifi connections before starting the procedure.

I first twigged to this problem when I noticed people online saying that the exact same procedure worked flawlessly at the dealer, but did not work at home...

AndyInOz said:
You need to either "forget" any local wifi settings, or be out of range when you perform this procedure.

What happens is your device connects to a local wifi rather than the car at this stage of the procedure, then it cannot connect to the car.

I first twigged to this problem when I noticed people online saying that the exact same procedure worked flawlessly at the dealer, but did not work at home...
Alright I will try it somewhere else other than in my garage. updating today.....

melodasi said:
AndyInOz said:

Alright I will try it somewhere else other than in my garage. updating today.....
Tried, didnt work, I have done the password/unregistered phone procedure, and still could not log to the SSID. It seems that the password is not working, dont know...

Have you checked that the password is the correct length for the version of the remote app you're using?

From the Google play store:

- Please choose the correct app to install in your vehicle.
* If you have a parking brake lever and 10 digits password, please use this App ("OUTLANDER PHEV").
* If you have a parking brake lever and 14 digits password, please use "OUTLANDER PHEV I" App.
* If you have a parking brake switch, please use "OUTLANDER PHEV II" App (has not released in some countries).

Can anyone tell me what the beeps that occur after one has pressed the LOCK/UNLOCK keys 5x each mean?

I get two beeps.

-Dennis

frostyfriday said:
Can anyone tell me what the beeps that occur after one has pressed the LOCK/UNLOCK keys 5x each mean?

I get two beeps.

-Dennis

You should hear 1 long beep which means you are in pairing mode followed by 1 beep per registered device.
Two beeps would suggest you are in pairing mode with one device already registered.

I think that two beeps means that you already have two devices paired and therefore cannot add any more.

(On my model anyway)

If you haven't paired any devices of your own, you'd have to follow the reset procedure, which is the version with the hazard lights turned on (from memory so don't quote me)

Thank you! this worked for me (on my 2019 US spec PHEV). My wife and I had got new phones and needed to register them in place of our old ones. One thing to add for those having issues - I struggled with the 10 or 20 clicks on the remote - couldn't get to the point where I got the beeps. I decided to try a new remote battery after which it worked like a charm. While my remote worked OK in everyday use, seems that all the button pressing would run my tired old battery down enough that it would give up part way through the button pressing effort.

Hello! I have done everything as I should. But the problem is how can I download the app while I am connected to the vehicle wifi?

By the way, I am using iPhone.

You can't: the WiFi has no internet connection, You have to download it beforehand.

You should also turn off the "Auto Join" option in the iPhone settings for that connection for precisely that reason.

Registration and Reset procedures didn't work for me. I have 2 beeps. My Mitsu was bought online and had 1 previous owner and I suspect it was registered to 2 devices already. After Step 5/5 on Android App the registration progress bar stops halfway through and App displays error 2103. And I don't know who I need to contact to remove previous owner. Cazoo, Mitsubishi Dealership? Would Factory Reset make any difference?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230330_214230_Remote Ctrl.jpg
    Screenshot_20230330_214230_Remote Ctrl.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 10
Back