Let's stop ICEheat, when cold...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mort: Same story with my Canadian 2018 PHEV. First two years worked perfectly. Now it is an ICE car for half of the year. No help from the dealer, in fact I think they know all about this but wont let on. I have tried getting a hold of someone at MMCanada, but they will not let you email or talk with anyone who knows about the car.
I would love to hear from someone who has had luck getting their car returned to its " as purchased " condition. Contact info would be helpful too.

Help! Please
John Wilson

I have a 2019 PHEV and even here in San Diego the EV button doesn’t work if the temperature outside is below 56!!!!!!!
Clearly with all AC and everything off…
But I also have a bigger problem: my battery is deteriorating and now is charging only 5.8KW!
What? 50%? I’m going to ask for warranty replacement
What do you think?

As it shows empty with 30% left in the battery, that means your SOH is just under 70%. If like here they run a DBCAM to recalibrate the BMS to the actual capacity (as opposed to its estimate), you'll probably revert to over 70% so won't be eligible for a warranty claim.

Hi everyone! New to the forum, having just purchased a 2018 Outlander PHEV. Having the same issue posted here. I am not knowledgeable about cars, so I haven;t been able to grasp everything posted, but is it fair to say that there is not a solution for this issue? Tryign to figure this out quickly, as I could return the car to CarMax, but only have 1 week left to do so. Thank you for your guidance!

Override the engine starting in any weather or cold by pressing start button(without brake), then press EV button, then press start with brake. Vehicle will now run all electric as long as you don't put on front windshield defroster. You will get messages to warm cabin shut off EV mode. I run all winter on EV mode only. (and a big coat! LOL)

Back