Display Screen Problems

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well here we are in April and the dealer has no idea when I'll get a new head unit. I think they couldn't care a stuff. Dreadful situation and Mitsubishi should be ashamed. I suppose given they have pulled out of the UK market, nothing is going to improve. Just have to wait.

Had a phone call at 16.00 from the dealer, Mitsubishi have dispatched my new SDA2 head unit, now booked in for the 26th April while I wait it's a 30 minute job according to the dealership.

Its about time it has been like driving with a one arm bandit the screen pinging away in different modes

oscarmax said:
Had a phone call at 16.00 from the dealer, Mitsubishi have dispatched my new SDA2 head unit, now booked in for the 26th April while I wait it's a 30 minute job according to the dealership.

Its about time it has been like driving with a one arm bandit the screen pinging away in different modes

Good to hear some units coming through. Still no idea when mine will arrive. I have only been on a couple of short drives since discovering that a USB mouse can be connected to the screen. But it's actually stopped the annoying random beeping since plugging a mouse into it.

oscarmax said:
Dealer has informed customers have been waiting well over 10 weeks for a replacement, to date they have not been given any indication or dates. I initially assumed there was a 10 weeks waiting list, it appears it is open ended.

I've been awaiting for a replacement unit since Feb 2023, they have quoted 9 weeks !! and no ones interested.............
I had pretty much sold my Outlander Phev and the issue happened under warranty and now not only have I lost the car I wanted I am losing money every week / month as no one wants a car with faults !
Mitsubishi should compensate for these issues as it not the fault of us owners especially when we could be selling the car ....

Spoke to "Colt" who refused to even be interested and said go back to dealer who are now only the service agent, and really don't care - it took the dealership over a week from confirming the fault ?? Why?
No radio, nothing and its only just stopped randomly beeping

AlbertTatlock said:
oscarmax said:

Good to hear some units coming through. Still no idea when mine will arrive. I have only been on a couple of short drives since discovering that a USB mouse can be connected to the screen. But it's actually stopped the annoying random beeping since plugging a mouse into it.

New unit being fitted on Monday next week.

New SDA2 fitted this morning all good, icon display layout slightly different, but at least it works.

Mines been ok so far touch wood, unfortunately the caretaker Mitsubishi servicing/warranty is MG dealership, completely useless I have little confidence in them, ordered a Ford Kuga PHEV.

Just got mine replacement screen, reported it in December 2022 and it's arrived August 2023!

---

For anyone you of warranty I've seen these parts available and YouTube videos and how to fix the screen, or you could take it to a local micro electrics fix it shop and they could help replacing the 8 Inch Touch Screen Digitizer.

Here's a few links which might help:
https://youtu.be/sIfbD5jLYRY
-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=Mitsubishi+Outlander++8%22++Digitizer
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005185571291.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005026409229.html

Hope this helps

Richard

My Outlander PHEV display screen problems started about 3 weeks ago. The screen froze and I couldn’t do anything at all. The touch screen function had failed. It has progressively worse with the screen scrolling itself and I’m not touching anything. Today was a new issue, it has started randomly phoning people on my phone contacts list as I’m driving and not touching either my phone or the screen, very embarrassing!!
I've now been waiting for over a year for a replacement screen (Ordered Feb 2023). The problem is apparent on many thousand of screens worldwide and in the majority of cases it is the digitiser film on the front of the screen that converts your finger touch to a mouse click on that part of the screen.
If you plug a mouse into the usb port a pointer will appear on the screen (initially it says not compatible but it works) you can then use the screen. Not very helpful when you are driving!!

Back