Yorkshire

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macjayce

Just thought i would kick of a local thread to see who has a PHEV local to me.
We are from Doncaster and we are taking delivery of our 2016 GX4HS in Pearl White this November. :D

Picked up my MY16 GX3h+ last week. I'm in Leeds/Bradford. Despite a daily commute of nearly 60 miles each way, I've only seen one other MY16 on the road so far.

Hi. I am near easingwold and there only seem to be 2 others I see regularly - 1 black, 1 white. There are quite a few chargers in York itself but then a total lack of them over to the coast or west to Harrogate and beyond which is rather annoying.
Cheers
H

Had my first service today. Carried out by M&B Motor Group of Bradford.

Overall it was a very good experience. The appointment was booked at less than 2 days notice, I was provided with a brand new ASX courtesy car, the service was carried out with no issues and the car was cleaned inside and out for me.

:D

Another Yorkshire newby !!!. just got my GX4hs in Pearl white. i havent seen many around Leeds to give the obligatory nod to when passing :lol:

Spotted in easingwold lunchtime today a blue one just like mine but think it was a 64 reg. Not seen you around my neck of the woods. Any takers? I was on foot as parked up in market place so you wouldn't have noticed me... Except for the dazzling good looks of course... ;)
Cheers
H

I got my red MY16 on 19 Sept and love it. I'm in East Yorkshire between Beverley and Driffield but do weekly trips to North and North East Lincs. It'd be nice to see another one :)

One of my favourite bits is pulling away from the Humber Bridge toll booths nice and quietly and without 'gassing' the toll booth ladies and gentlemen :D

I'm also between Beverley and Driffield and got mine September 14th - will keep an eye out for you :mrgreen:

The friend/neighbour who introduced me to the phev has a red one too :cool:

Very happy with my decision so far :D

Enjoy :D

I sold mine after 2.5 years purely because it was a bigger vehicle than I needed and choices have broadened but it was totally reliable and service from Luscombe Leeds was exceptional :cool:

Now driving a Mini Countryman Cooper SE All4 PHEV - smaller battery but still great economy unless you take advantage of the 225Bhp :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 20191123_125022.jpg
    20191123_125022.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 27
I am from Leeds and have had my PHEV 4H for the last 5 years from new. It is a very reliable car and a delight to drive.

Only recently I have had a problem and unfortunately just after my 5 years warranty had finished, the engine seems to have developed some problem.

I have escalated it with Mitsubishi after the feedback from dealer that the engine needs replacing (costing circa £15k - this is more than the value of the car itself).

When I am waiting to hear a decision from the manufacturer, I was looking at alternatives to engine replacement - and engine rebuilding was suggested (comparatively cheaper - circa 3-4k).

Does anyone know of a good reliable Engine rebuilder, especially for a Hybrid car?

Muddywheels said:
If your warranty is finished and you have MFSH they should sort this as “goodwill” or contribute massively :shock:

Yes, I have the full MFSH and I am hoping to hear the same from Mitsubishi that they should either sort this or contribute massively - fingers crossed!!

Back