Voice training

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rj00

Has anyone found the narrative in the UK user manual to allow voice training for the car's entertainment system. I'm struggling!!

Hi,

The furthest I got was the online help on the MMCS. I think the voice training is still a work in progress...

I can usually get it to ring a contact using voice control without any training so I'm not sure what it will add.

Kind regards,
Mark

jaapv said:
push the voice command button on the steering wheel and voice training is one of the voice commands.

Am I alone in seeing the irony in this? :)

Hi,

Right, when I choose voice training it tells me to repeat phrase 1 from the user manual. I can't find the phrases in the manual.

Is it me?

Kind regards,
Mark

maby said:
jaapv said:
push the voice command button on the steering wheel and voice training is one of the voice commands.

Am I alone in seeing the irony in this? :)
Not my fault-it is just the way it is. Anyway, the Mistress appears to understand me without any training . Which suits me fine :mrgreen:

Hi Mark,

I was thrilled to read your post because I had the same reaction a few hours ago. I can not find the phrases in the manual or the MMCS . The voice system does not understand me and so am having trouble phoning.

Grace

if you select the voice training option the phrases to say are displayed at the top of the MMCS screen...

starts with "0123456789"

once you have read the phrase the system recognises it and displays the next one + a voice prompt to read the next phrase...
there are only 6 or so...

read the number phrase with little pauses between each digit.

Are the voice training words those set out at page 8-61 of the user manual that Grace uploaded?

888 555 1212
Call
Dial
Setup
Cancel
Continue
Help

dgmulti said:
if you select the voice training option the phrases to say are displayed at the top of the MMCS screen...

starts with "0123456789"

once you have read the phrase the system recognises it and displays the next one + a voice prompt to read the next phrase...
there are only 6 or so...

read the number phrase with little pauses between each digit.
Hi,

Thanks. Yes, indeed it does display the phrase on screen. It must have been the "Read phrase 1 from the owners manual" that threw me. Well, that and not having my reading glasses on :)

Kind regards,
Mark

And who can look at the screen when they are busy trying to find the phrases in the manual as instructed. However, while they are indeed the ones on page 8-61 in the manual who would equate voice training with Enrollment Commands? However, I think the car needs to hear my accent a few more times before it will accept a mobile number.

Still working on this one.

Grace

just been thouugh Voice training

1) in the manual 8-70 for the car
2) Rather simpler phrases are put up on the radio display anyway

Outlander PHEV 2015

Back