Dealer/Service experience in Ireland

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dekiello

Hi guys, can I just ask if you have any experience with a dealer that you would describe as good/informative ?
I was in today for a recall (i got the letter and had to wait 3 months) and it took less than 20 minutes to do it...3 months of waiting for a 20 minutes job??
Next when I asked can they tell me what is the SOH of the battery I was told that they cant just plug in a computer and tell me that - they would need the car overnight to do it and it would cost me €140+VAT.
Another question was for the price of transaxle oil change - and I was told that because it is a long life oil they do not do it (??????)
As I cant log in to my Wi-Fi as the original password was changed during one of the previous recall jobs to the newer longer one when I have asked can they give me the password I was told - "Sure, yeah - that will be €80+VAT

Am I missing something here ? Is it just me or there is something fundamentally wrong here or is it just the way it is in Ireland ? How come PHEV Watchdog can read SOH but dealer cant ?

Just wondering what is your experience with Mitsubishi in Ireland - I was visiting dealer in Cork if someone would like to know.

If they changed the password then legally obliged to give it to you - straightforward consumer law issue. Threaten them with legal action.

Of course, if it wasn't them and/or you weren't the owner at the time - then you are basically stuffed. Your only recourse may be direct to Mitsu.

Had similar situation with WiFi password recovery. It wasn't with the car documents.
Spoke to one dealer in Dublin, and they 'quoted' €1200.
'joking', that car was expensive to buy in the first place. But then said it's €80 for the password
So i simply contacted another dealer in small town and was extremely happy with the service provided and even happier with the cost of €25 ;)

Hi
I will go to dealer In Limerick next Thursday recall for issue with rear breaks, full service and to solve issue with wifi (i have 10 digit password and I can't connect. We will see what they will do and what prices I'll get.

Hi
Today was my second visit in Service in Limerick and I can tell "They are ok" Service was done very quick on previous visit, today they changed rear motor mount and upgaded wifi password to 14 digits and finaly I could connect to my car.
I asked them also about batery reset and they can do this but I need leave my car at 4pm for all night and half of the next day.
Price is 200 euro and they call this as battery service. I don't know what does it mean. BMU reset or DBCAM or something other.
I think I will do this but not now.

Back