jaapv

Re: TPMS on the PHEV - no pressures, what a joke!

Don't you use normal caps? Exactly the same for removing...
Instyle 2019
Titanium Grey
Before:
Instyle+ 2013
oscarmax

littlescrote wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:56 am Claiming to be able to measure any meaningful temperature at the valve cap is a joke.
Not to worried about the temperature's I just treat it as a rough guidance, its the tyre pressures and the early warning alarm
Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV Design 2020 Towing a Swift Conqueror 480 2016 1500kg

Please be patient I suffered a brain injury several years ago and get confused at times
mellobob

Were you able to disable the internal TPMS in the car as well? Or do you live with the rather large error message?
AndyInOz

jaapv wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:42 am Don't you use normal caps? Exactly the same for removing...
No the steelmate pressure sensors are very fiddly to remove and require a spanner to undo the lock-nut.

If you don't use the lock-nut, any passing moron can steal them (and they can fall off).
2014 PHEV Aspire, Arctic Silver;
Black Interior;
Hayman Reese removable tow bar;
1.5kW Solar, grid connected.
jaapv

I haven't needed a spanner nor a lock nut, just the rubber gaiter and they haven't come adrift yet in eight years' time. The number of cap thieves must be high down under - probably all of ours have emigrated there. :lol:
The spanner provided with the set is really meant to hold them when you open them up to replace a battery, not to screw them on and off, except when stuck.
Instyle 2019
Titanium Grey
Before:
Instyle+ 2013
AndyInOz

Minor correction, the spanner is not for "screwing them off", it is for undoing the locking mechanism, nothing more, nothing less.

If you're not using the locking mechanism, then I can understand that it's less hassle.

The replacements are far superior, giving a colour display of tyre temperature and pressure.
2014 PHEV Aspire, Arctic Silver;
Black Interior;
Hayman Reese removable tow bar;
1.5kW Solar, grid connected.

Return to “General / Main Outlander PHEV Owners Forum”