PHEV Mode Not Available - 2022

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

styopr

Hey, I have a new 2022 Outlander PHEV and have been randomly receiving a notification that "PHEV mode is not available" with no other information. The manual states that this is "to protect the PHEV unit" but does not elaborate if this is a fault or a state owing to some other condition.

Normally if other conditions exist, the message will include additional info> consuming old gas, battery too cold, etc. I have seen that happen.

The message will happen at different temps (40 to 0) and driving conditions. What's funny is that the car will often switch to the EV drive while still flashing this message.

I took it to the dealer and the EV tech was not available - they were going to research and get back to me but thought I'd throw the question out here to see if anyone has dealt with this. View attachment IMG_2701.jpg

Very interesting.

I note that the display says "EV mode not available".

Does it happen when you are doing anything unusual, like increasing speed to overtake?

I'm wondering if it is just indicating that it is temporarily dropping out of "EV mode" because of demands for power.

EV mode is not available but it still riding on battery in Normal mode isn't it?
You may have an error code, did you check with an OBD reader? Did the dealer even check that no mater the EV tech was not there?

My 2019 (Cdn version) does this quite often in the winter, It can occur when I try to force EV on with the EV button, and it is very cold, or low charge level in the traction battery, or a combination of both. Frankly I've never worried about it, as it will run in EV whenever it can. I only get the message when I try to force into EV mode, have never seen this message otherwise. Also, I never get any other additional message when this occurs,

My 2020 GSR does this when I try to select EV mode and I'm already in Cruise Control OR if I'm in EV mode and turn on Cruise Control (reverts to normal/eco mode).

Good possibility it has to do with regen amounts on a high SOC battery not being able to accept higher than B2 regen, or it could be temperature related or the engine needs to warm up locking out EV mode.

Mike

styopr said:
Hey, I have a new 2022 Outlander PHEV and have been randomly receiving a notification that "PHEV mode is not available" with no other information. The manual states that this is "to protect the PHEV unit" but does not elaborate if this is a fault or a state owing to some other condition.

Normally if other conditions exist, the message will include additional info> consuming old gas, battery too cold, etc. I have seen that happen.

The message will happen at different temps (40 to 0) and driving conditions. What's funny is that the car will often switch to the EV drive while still flashing this message.

I took it to the dealer and the EV tech was not available - they were going to research and get back to me but thought I'd throw the question out here to see if anyone has dealt with this. IMG_2701.jpg

Hi styopr

Did you every get to the bottom of this, I seem to be have similar problems, battery with 14mile range (60% charged) with fresh fuel and warm temperature outside.

Thanks

Richard

Post here:
https://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=61734#p61734

Back