Just done 100,000miles UK: report

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaboom

Hi All,

So I've had it from new and just clocked up 100,000 miles

Very brief report! Gxh3

two split driver's vinyl seats (one replaced under warranty, but then it happened again)
one totally restrung handbrake
a couple of rear wheel bearings
bits of the plastic interior keep getting kicked off by rear passengers
Tyre wear is very acceptable (20,000miles often)
Max fuel economy on a brim-full tank run down to almost empty - at 165MPG approx.
Burns out headlamp bulbs for a hobby
Used to get 32Miles range, but now down to 20miles and car is 7years old
Largely, very good.

I thought I'd keep it until it collapses like a clown's car to see how tough it really is.

Enjoy!
Kaboom

Mine's the same age with half the mileage but similar EV range. Also had a split driver's seat - the hip support where you slide out the car? - but I assumed that was just fair wear n' tear. Too late to make a claim now :oops:

Yet to have a headlamp bulb go but keep driving into things and having the front repaired anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd also like to keep it for ever but need an EV to avoid the Lundun Congestion Charge :evil:

Hi greendwarf,

If your battery is similar range then it must be deterioration through age perhaps?
Pity Mitsubishi packed up and left the UK or I might try to get it repaired.

Trying to get an EV now is very hard. They have such a long order time. Hope you find one you like.

Cheers!

Possibly age, but I understand the battery has a limit to the number of full recycles and with a relatively small battery range, I suspect that we have both done a similar number of miles under EV, whilst your "extra miles" have been under ICE. I rarely venture outside of Lundun apart from holidays abroad. :cool:

Back