Adaptive cruise control and EV mode

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandijs

Hello!
I'm considering to buy a '18 Outlander but have one important (for me) question!

I saw some review that says that when you activate adaptive cruise control, it automatically deactivates EV mode and switches to standard hybrid mode.

Is this really true??
Does it mean that i can't ride in city in EV mode and adaptive cruise control mode on?

When you say standard hybrid mode, vehicle will run on electric only in normal mode until battery depletes or set speed (due to terrain) requires more power than battery can provide. You can choose to run Normal, Save or Charge while in ACC but not just EV. May have something to do with regenerative braking being cut out while in ACC except when descending a steep enough incline to force override. Although it may have nothing to do with that. I have never found it to be an issue while driving.

The car does drive under electrical power only when using ACC, but if you hit EV mode switch, where it will ONLY use battery power ,the ACC is not available due to energy saving.

I've observed the ACC resets any changes to Regen Braking other than B2 default.
The no ACC with EV mode is a pain. The safety features of ACC are a higher priority to me than EV conservation compared to Eco mode.

That's not totally how it works. When in ACC it can regen up to B5 levels and more if needed, but when you switch back out of ACC it just returns to D (with the equivalent B2) whereas the non adaptive CC (activated by holding down the CC button) can have a selectable B level that. but you don't need a selectable B level in ACC as it's automatic and will slow you down as necessary (if it's not too cold and the battery has charging capacity left in it)

I don't understand the complaining regarding EV mode not available when in ACC.
Normal mode has electric propulsion priority as well. EV mode is just a gimmick. Probably just a little remapping of the controls.

littlescrote said:
That's not totally how it works. When in ACC it can regen up to B5 levels and more if needed...

Is that happening automatically or the driver needs to select B5?

nrayanov said:
littlescrote said:
That's not totally how it works. When in ACC it can regen up to B5 levels and more if needed...

Is that happening automatically or the driver needs to select B5?
He answered that question just after the sentence you quoted:
littlescrote said:
but you don't need a selectable B level in ACC as it's automatic and will slow you down as necessary

Back