Older Outlander Car values

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nibbo

A little odd but both a work colleague and I have just got valuations from a well know website that buys any car ;)

Mine is a 2015 with 31,000 on the clock and they offered just shy of £14k, his is a 2014 with 70,000 on the clock and they only offered £8k.
Why the huge difference? Is it just the mileage, I don't think 70k is particularly high mileage for an 8 year old car...
Or, is the fact that it is 8 years old and the battery is no longer under warranty? Do they even take this into account/

I am curious because if it is the latter should I be dumping mine before next year?

Part 2: has anyone upgraded from the old PHEV to the 2.4 version and if so, did you regret the move or would you recommend it?

Many thanks
Nibbo

I'd say both but the lack of a battery warranty is likely to be the biggest factor - just look at the endless enquiries here about degradation! :idea:

littlescrote said:
But equally how many batteries have actually needed replacement?
greendwarf said:
I'd say both but the lack of a battery warranty

Just spoke to him and he has managed to trade it in for £9k and the trader did refer to the batter being out of warranty as the reason for the low price. I can't blame people for being a bit cautious as the figures being thrown around for a replacement battery are quite scary.
Think I either need to sell now or run it into the ground :?

littlescrote said:
But equally how many batteries have actually needed replacement?

Very few probably, judging by lack of posts here. However, the current issue of Which? confirms that degradation for EVs generally is slow but inevitable, merely leading to needing more frequent top-ups. Of course, it is more noticeable for hybrids because of the smaller battery and for us, leading to higher petrol consumption - so arguably battery age is a bigger issue for hybrids rather than pure EVs.

greendwarf said:
Very few probably, judging by lack of posts here. However, the current issue of Which? confirms that degradation for EVs generally is slow but inevitable, merely leading to needing more frequent top-ups. Of course, it is more noticeable for hybrids because of the smaller battery and for us, leading to higher petrol consumption - so arguably battery age is a bigger issue for hybrids rather than pure EVs.

I think that really depends on how you use the hybrid function. if you never charge in the first place, it makes very little difference (aside from the loss of efficiency in charging/discharging that you get with a degraded battery, not only the loss of capacity/range). If you try to use your hybrid as a BEV then it does. That then also depends on the length of journey you do. Short journeys won't be impacted much, medium ones will, and longer ones won't again. If one wants the benefits of a 'self charging' hybrid rather than a PHEV, a "knackered" battery is still fine and still gets you the tax benefits etc at what seems to be a very low price now.

£8k for a 10kWh battery that can be used for V2H is also quite a good deal. I might snap a few up that are out of battery warranty if they're only fetching that sort of money.

Is the electricity reliability still that bad in SE Essex - I haven't lived there now for 40+ years. ;)
It was dreadful on Canvey - we had back up gas lighting. :lol:

Back