Considering 2019 UK spec 4H or 4HS, what to look out for?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skizz

First, thanks to mods and contributors for amassing so much useful info in one place. This forum has been extremely helpful in confirming the Outlander PHEV as a contender to replace our 2005 CR-V i-CTDi.

We're looking at UK-spec MY2019, 4H or 4HS cars and I'm keen to hear of anything specific we should be looking or listening for when viewing and driving them. Are there any other bits that can catch you out?

I'm aware of the importance of:

- FSH (we want the remainder of the warranty to be valid)
- All scheduled and recall items complete and documented
- Full battery SoH report (ideally)
- All tyres of same spec and wear-level, ideally same make & type

Our use-case and broader factors:

- Based in South-East UK
- Normal driving is local trips of 10-30 miles
- Weekly runs of 40-50 miles
- Occasional (approx monthly) longer round-trips of 140-200 miles, rarely much further
- We're relatively close to Brighton and Gatwick Mitsubishi service-centres

Also aware that on a 3-4 year-old car there'd still be a year or two of the premium supplement to pay but am keen on forward collision-mitigation and ACC as we'll likely be driving into London more frequently over the next couple of years.

Many thanks in advance of your suggestions.

Can't help you with any 2019 spec technical advice, as I'm still stuck down here in steerage with my 2014 3h. :lol:

However, the PHEV is no longer eligible for the Congestion Charge waiver but Westminster Council still allows almost free street parking - you only have to pay for the minimum time (so they know time of arrival) to get the maximum parking period and you can "top-up" remotely by 'phone to extend parking on the same basis. :D

You sound like you could be close to me in Horsham. If so, we could meet and you can see my 5HS and we can have a chat.

The S features can lower your insurance premium so can be worth the extra purchase cost in the long run and one day they may save you a hefty repair bill (or they may not).

Nothing much to look out for except what you've described, apart from underbody corrosion and binding brake calipers, particularly sticky rears that have had little handbrake use.

Gatwick are not worth considering, stick with David in Brighton.

greendwarf said:
Can't help you with any 2019 spec technical advice, as I'm still stuck down here in steerage with my 2014 3h. :lol:

However, the PHEV is no longer eligible for the Congestion Charge waiver but Westminster Council still allows almost free street parking - you only have to pay for the minimum time (so they know time of arrival) to get the maximum parking period and you can "top-up" remotely by 'phone to extend parking on the same basis. :D
Good to know, thank you. Thankfully we're rarely in the congestion zone but good to know about the parking if we ever are.

littlescrote said:
You sound like you could be close to me in Horsham. If so, we could meet and you can see my 5HS and we can have a chat.

The S features can lower your insurance premium so can be worth the extra purchase cost in the long run and one day they may save you a hefty repair bill (or they may not).

Nothing much to look out for except what you've described, apart from underbody corrosion and binding brake calipers, particularly sticky rears that have had little handbrake use.

Gatwick are not worth considering, stick with David in Brighton.
Really helpful, thank you. And yes, we're actually in Southwater so it would be extremely helpful to have a look/chat about your car. I'll drop you a PM and perhaps we can arrange something.

Also good to know that the Brighton service centre are recommended. Found them very helpful on the phone when I enquired about battery SoH checks so will keep them top of the list.

Thanks again.

EDIT: @littlescrote Looks like I can't send PMs (understandable to prevent spam/scams) so you may need to message me instead

Skizz said:
Really helpful, thank you. And yes, we're actually in Southwater so it would be extremely helpful to have a look/chat about your car. I'll drop you a PM and perhaps we can arrange something.

Also good to know that the Brighton service centre are recommended. Found them very helpful on the phone when I enquired about battery SoH checks so will keep them top of the list.

Thanks again.

EDIT: @littlescrote Looks like I can't send PMs (understandable to prevent spam/scams) so you may need to message me instead

PM sent hope to meet you soon.

Back