Auxiliary battery replacement?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkapz

Hi - our aux battery seems to be dying - we've had to jump start it 4 times now over the past 4 months. 2015 outlander phev. A few questions
1. Could it be something other than the battery needing replacement?
2. Is this easy to do myself?
3. Recommendations of where to buy one if these and how much they should cost?

Thanks in advance!
David

It needs to be to the original spec which is 45aH 325 CCA AGM type.

The only one approved for this by MMC is a Yuasa S46B24L(S), as it has the correct type venting required to live inside the cabin.

Other WET battery types with external venting tubes are not suitable.

Obviously its your car so you can put whatever battery you want in, but Here in Australia MMAL just had a recall for all PHEV, to ensure the correct battery is fitted, and if it had been replaced by a dealer, with the incorrect type, then the battery was replaced free of charge. If the battery was sourced by the owner then they were offered the chance to purchase the correct battery, and if they declined they had to sign a waiver saying that they understand the possible consequences of using an unapproved battery.

Hi David.

I have bought a few batteries from Tayna. Good prices & quick delivery.

The little YUASA HJ-S46B24L(S) is currently £168.98 + £ 7.99 delivery from them.
However, the same battery is available from Tayna at £169.40 with free delivery if bought from their e-Bay store.
It's a lot of money for such a tiny little AGM battery, but I can't find one cheaper elsewhere.
I have been looking around for a battery for my car too. I'm going for Tayna. :D

Be carefull not to get confused with the Yuasa HJ-S46B24R battery. This one has skinny terminals.

P.

MrPastry said:
Be carefull not to get confused with the Yuasa HJ-S46B24R battery. This one has skinny terminals.

If that one is considerably cheaper, it could be worth buying and using adapters.

Bigger problem is the place of terminals , HJ-S46B24R has minus and plus in oposide place cmpared to HJ-S46B24L(S)

Back