How to start up the car in cold conditions without the ICE firing up:

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaapv

Probably the most FAQ of FAQ's...

Start the car without touching the brake pedal. When the warning "press brake pedal" comes up, press the EV button The car will go into EV mode. Then press the brake pedal and the Start button.
Disclaimer - this is for European models with an electric heater. Not tested on the 2023 model.

Simply start the car touching the brake pedal and press the EV button within 5 seconds. At least working in the EU.

Australian model (no electric heater) will start the ICE instantly when you press start if the climate control is set sufficiently warm.
Unfortunately if you keep the climate control set low enough to prevent this, you'll be frozen by the air conditioning.

Can be avoided by remembering to turn the air conditioning down before turning the car off.
Or pressing start twice without brake pedal and adjusting the climate control before starting.

I haver read that in really cold temperatures it may start the engine even with heating off, but have not tested that. Not often a problem in Western Australia

I live in Norway and I have the 2016 model. During the winter I set the AC off and inside temperature to the minimum (15 °C) and the ICE never starts during my daily trips to work. It only starts if I use the accelerator pedal a bit aggressively.

Back