Propulsion Power Reduction warning

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveg1966

Hi,

Driving my 2014 PHEV a couple of days ago, not under any great load or power need. I was just on an A road, going along at about 60 mph. I felt the car 'shudder' and got the warning 'Propulsion Power Reduced'. No problem carrying on the journey and the warning cleared after 30 seconds or so. I was running on petrol, the main battery was discharged.

According to the owners manual, the warning indicates that the PHEV system was either too cold or too hot and the warning would disappear as soon as the problem cleared - which it did.

Plugged in a semi professional diagnostic tester (i.e. not a £10.00 eBay dongle) and got the codes U0126 SAS CAN Timeout and U1428 Sensor Cluster. The first one as far as I can find out refers to the Steering wheel sensor but I can't find anything about U1428.

Has anybody had this before and/or can throw any light on the errors? The car was fully recharged and driven yesterday beyond the point of main battery discharge and I couldn't recreate the fault, tried everything, all driving modes, regen as much as possible - nothing!

Thanks all.
Dave

Back