Type 2 charge cable to 32a Cee industrial plug

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antturner

Hi,
Would it be possible to cut one type 2 plug off the charging cable and rewire it to fit a 32amp blue 3 pin cee industrial plug?
I already have a 32 amp cee industrial 3 pin blue socket fitted and would like to know if it is possible to use it in this way?
Which wires would connect to each pin on the cee plug?
I am an electrician so have knowledge of continuity testing using a multimeter.
Mitsubishi Outlander phev gx4s 2016.
Any help with this would be much appreciated.
Many thanks from Anthony.

Hey Anthony.

It is generally not recommended to rewire charging cables manually, as it can be dangerous and may void the warranty of your vehicle. Additionally, charging cables are built to specific standards, and rewiring them may result in a cable that is not up to those standards, which could potentially be unsafe.

There are plenty of solutions available for connecting your Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. One option would be to purchase an adapter that allows you to connect your existing charging cable to the industrial socket. Another option would be to purchase a new charging cable that is specifically designed to be used with the industrial socket.

I recommend consulting with a qualified electrician. It's important to ensure that any modifications you make are safe for you and the vehicle.

No, it won't work. Have a read up on what an EVSE does (what is commonly called a charger). There needs to be a handshake between the vehicle and the EVSE which you wouldn't get with a dumb supply.

Tethered Type 1 PodPoints are generally cheap as Gen1 Leaf drivers discard them.

Back