Display Screen Problems

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3575

Our 2020 UK model display screen is starting to play up, the problem would appear to have an intermediate, however the problem is becoming more frequent.

If I press the the display to access the certain function is does not respond, I basically have to switch off and try again, however on the odd occasion even this has not worked.

See my thread from a couple of days ago about charging issues. I am now convinced the display unit has issues. I will report back later when the car has been into the local dealer for investigation. It's a 2020 vehicle also.

Is it possible for you to record a video of the issue you're experiencing? Have you recently taken your vehicle to the dealer for a software update?

nrayanov said:
Is it possible for you to record a video of the issue you're experiencing? Have you recently taken your vehicle to the dealer for a software update?

I have recorded the screen scrolling through menus without being touched, yes. The car is going into the dealer later this week. I will report back what they say.

PHEV booked in at the main service dealer 1st February apparently Mitsubishi are fully aware of the fault, initially they carryout a software update, if that does not cure the problem a new SDA2 head unit

oscarmax said:
PHEV booked in at the main service dealer 1st February apparently Mitsubishi are fully aware of the fault, initially they carryout a software update, if that does not cure the problem a new SDA2 head unit

Thanks. Wierd that it's taken two and half years to be a problem. Timed charging has always been reliable until recently. At first I thought it was a charger fault, but it's 100% a car problem for certain. I shall see what the Mitsubishi garage says and will report back.

My Outlander PHEV display screen problems started about 3 weeks ago. The screen froze and I couldn’t do anything at all. The touch screen function had failed. It has progressively worse with the screen scrolling itself and I’m not touching anything. Today was a new issue, it has started randomly phoning people on my phone contacts list as I’m driving and not touching either my phone or the screen, very embarrassing!!

Pullo said:
My Outlander PHEV display screen problems started about 3 weeks ago. The screen froze and I couldn’t do anything at all. The touch screen function had failed. It has progressively worse with the screen scrolling itself and I’m not touching anything. Today was a new issue, it has started randomly phoning people on my phone contacts list as I’m driving and not touching either my phone or the screen, very embarrassing!!

Mine isn't phoning anyone just yet but the behaviour is the same. I am waiting for the dealer to obtain a new touch screen unit.

Dealer has informed customers have been waiting well over 10 weeks for a replacement, to date they have not been given any indication or dates. I initially assumed there was a 10 weeks waiting list, it appears it is open ended.

Exactly the same issue, it started slowly with freezing up an progressed to the touchscreen not working (only on the left side) and it is pressing buttons all by itself.
We leave it on the map, when we can get it into nav mode, as this avoids it going onto the settings or ringing people!
The remote app has also stopped logging in, so I suspect that this unit controls much more of the cars features than you would imagine.
Dealer has it logged under warranty, since December, no update on the replacement unit yet.

Hi everyone,

Same here.
Same problems as stated by you all.
dealer said 3-4 weeks. Now 6 weeks, no news.

And indeed, the remote app stopped also.

Grrrrrr.

#Remote App

Probably the best toy on the car is setting it to heat up and defrost on a cold morning.... going outside, unplugging and turning the car on to defrost whilst hoping nobody steals it is not something that i have missed.

You just know it wont be sorted until the weather is warm again :)

When the fix is completed make sure to check your WIFI code, I am pretty sure it will change and whilst they will give it at a later date a few dealers are bound to try and charge for the pleasure.

averhamme said:
Hi everyone,

Same here.
Same problems as stated by you all.
dealer said 3-4 weeks. Now 6 weeks, no news.

And indeed, the remote app stopped also.

Grrrrrr.
I have not tried the remote app wife told me not to mess just in case, I am due to start towing the caravan in April, to fit the towing mirrors I need to stop the mirrors from folding in.

My lease was due to end in June, I have the option to extend, in March I have to confirm either way.

Been onto the dealers this morning, they have received 3 new head units, unfortunately not allocated to my vehicle, they are expecting my head unit in 2/3 weeks

Glad Im not the only one! mine started playing up in this way last week...just outside the 3 year warranty......convenient

How much will a new head unit set me back??

I do have my new display. Me happy :D
It works like the old did.
Unfortunately, the app does not connect anymore and until now I could reinstall that.

Yesterday I got my garage on the phone. There is a recall and an update has to be made. Which ? What ? I don't know yet.

A.

Hi All

My screen has been showing the same symptoms. Booked in for replacement under warranty. Given a 6 to 13 week estimate.

I found a handy link on another site where you can plug a wireless mouse into the USB port above the cup holders.

It works enough to change settings and program radio station but will still respond to the phantom screen presses.

I can confirm the Logitech M185 works, initially you will receive an error message but one click and it disappears and the cursor will show.

Apologies if you are already aware.

Still waiting for a new unit since January, dealer has informed they have no idea, and each batch has specific serial numbers ?, sounds like bull to me.

Slowly our head unit has slowly deteriorated, I can no longer use the Mitsubishi charging schedule fortunately I can use the Podpoint schedule, the radio switches on and off and beeps away, now it started messing with the rear camera settings, and to make matters worse going down the M6 the bi-fold mirrors decided to close, fortunately we hit some stationary traffic so I could use the manual opening switch, this morning it happened again fortunately not on the motorway.

I contacted the supplying dealership who are hoping to disconnect power to the mirrors, the bad news the 3 year lease comes to an end in 12 weeks, we were looking to extend ?

I’ve read on another forum that you can plug a wireless mouse into the USB socket to gain control of the screen. Doesn’t fix the screen problem, but enables you to alter things and use the device (not while driving!!). Not tried it yet.

Back