Comfort closing?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SS2115

My second post as a new owner.

On my car being replaced by the PHEV, one of the greatest things I enjoyed was what they called Comfort closing where by the key FOB I could hold the locking button down for a few seconds to fully close any open windows as well as the sunroof (great for when at the office and I had left the sunroof tilted/windows cracked to let out heat and it started to rain, and equally great for the reverse - to open the windows a bit when the day heated up.

I haven't been able to find anything on such a feature on the Outlander PHEV Exceed I'm buying.
When I test drove the car I tried the same on the FOB but it did nothing.

I've since had someone suggest it might be part of the phone App.
I don't have the car till Monday and haven't installed the App as yet. Can anyone confirm the features of the phone App having this locking feature?

My phone is a Pixel 6 with Android.
The vehicle is a 2020 ZL PHEV Exceed which seems to have every gadget under the sun but I find no mention of this locking/closing feature.
Does anyone know if it can be retrofitted - Mitsubishi or 3rd party?

Good luck with getting the app working, it is quite a challenge but there is a good 'how to' post on here if you search for it.

The app will allow you to remotely lock/unlock the vehicle; I say remotely, you have to be pretty close as the onboard wi-fi module does not have a great range; I think the key works from a greater distance than the app :roll: . The windows, as far as I know, cannot be operated by the app.

Is your vehicle left or right hand drive? If you are left hand drive then there is an aftermarket kit by Winsgo.
Take a look of the YouTube video here https://youtu.be/B-ioF-DdgSI,
Unfortunately they say it will not work on RHD vehicles.

Good luck.

Hi and thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately I am right hand drive - Australia.
I wonder why only LHD.
From my office to the car is about 16 metres and elevated one story. Clear line of sight.
Key fobs on every car I have work easily over the distance. That's why it was so cool to be able to close sunroof and windows remotely instead of having to run downstairs and out the front door to the car, open it, ignition key and close it all up.
A feature every modern car should have.
I could also open ahead of time to let out heat but I can turn on the AC with the outlander via the app apparently.

Yes, the app will allow you to pre-heat / pre-cool the car. The app is a pretty disappointing experience; I am an app developer and this is one of the worst I have ever used. 16m range will be just about on its limit if you have a clear line of sight to the car, mine barely works with it right outside my window.

I have to agree about the App. It hardly seems worth the trouble.
I got it paired with the car easily enough, but then to use it I have to disconnect from my home or work wireless network log into the car's wi-fi and then I'm finding something about not being able to connect even then because something has to be on that is currently off. It says go into the settings and change the LAN setting but I'm dammed if I can find it in the car.
I found what I think it is in the App itself, but then it won't work because I'm not connected to the car.
Its very messy and not intuitive.
Looking through it when in demo mode of when it was connected, the only thing I'd use I think is the pre-warm or pre-cool 10 minutes before I use the car.

So friday here 30deg and muggy.
Left the car parked with sunroof tilted to let out the heat.

In the afternoon, decided to try the remote AC to precool before my drive home. Disconnected from my office wi-fi and connected to the car and then to the climate page.
It wouldn't operate the remote AC as not everything was closed!
So in the end I had to go down to the car and close the sunroof anyway.
Then the App connected up after a refresh and the AC came on for 15 minutes I think it was and worked okay. Disconnected the car wi-fi, packed my things, locked the office door and got into a relatively cool car about 10 minutes later.

So it was nice that it worked, but almost useless if I have to go down and close any cracked windows or a tilted sunroof anyway. I like to let heat out of my cars on a stinker hot day so trim and fittings doesn't expand and warp, carpet glues don't get soft and give up and all the other things that happen in high cabin temperatures.

Mitsubishi should be thinking seriously about the remote (comfort) closing feature as part of the App or the FOB.

Note that leaving the roof open may also set of the car alarm.

All it will take is a slight wind gust.

Unless you disable the internal sensors using the method detailed in the handbook which I can't remember for now. You're supposed to do it when we take the ferry, but so many people don't and you can hear their alarms going off all night :roll:

But where?
A previous reply said that a company Winsgo did it but only for left hand drives.
My searching has come up with nothing, so if you know of a reliable source for such an accessory please pass it on.

Back