SOC meter and petrol motor

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1086

Hi, I own a 2014 Outlander PHEV. In 100K Km serves, they checked the SOC Meter. Because SOC level is 100%, but the autonomy marked 22 km. They calibrated it, SOC 100% and 45 km. I was happy. But that happened. When the SOC was 7 km, the car stopped. It was not moving. I took it to the Mitsubishi again. And they reviewed it. But the same thing keeps happening. I think the SOC indicates that it has a battery, but it doesn't, so the petrol motor doesn't start. The vehicle is moving when you press the charging button. Any ideas?

Yep, they screw up big time. Seems like highly not-knowledgeable personnel.
Since your car's mileage is 100k you can't get 45km in 100% SOC. They didn't calibrated it, they cheated the system (BMU reset) to think you have a new battery, but you don't.
Now the system believe the battery is healthy and can be charged and discharged to levels that your actual battery can't support.
They have to do a proper reset with writing the battery age and vehicle mileage followed by an DMCAM in which the battery is slowly charged and the BMU is learning the actual battery health.

You are killing the battery now. Don't charge it more than 80% and don't discharge it under 30%.
Use Charge button once you drop under 1/3 of your battery SOC bar until they fix their mess.

Hi, thank you for your help. That's correcto. Using EVbatmon, the battery condition is 94 %. So I know that in 100 % SOC I can't get 45 Km. I will take the car to Mitsubishi again for 4th time.

In 100 % SOC you can and should get 45 Km even more. I am getting 48km in summer with 79% SOH (2018 Canadian model)

What you can't have is 94% SOH on 100k mileage vehicle.

Hi, you are right, with 100 % SOC you should get 48 Km or more. In my case the issue is when the battery is discharged, the SOC shows 10 % or 7 Km, the system believe the battery has charge, but it doesn't the petrol motor doesn't start. The car doesn't move. I must to press charge button, to move the car. I think it is a calibrate issue. The SOC with battery real charge.

Hey-ho.

It just so happens that I grabbed a picture of my Dashboard before heading out to the supermarket yesterday.

The car had been standing for a couple of days since the last charge, but didn't seem to have lost any range.

MileageAfterChargeScaled.jpg

Note the km travelled at the bottom of the shot.

Back