Mitsubishi Dealership Experience?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ontheroad

I put down a 1k refundable deposit on the new PHEV and was told it should arrive in a few months (Ontario, Canada). I'm very excited about the car but I'm a little apprehensive about getting a Mitsubishi, in part because of what I've heard about their dealership experience. I think someone on this forum recently mentioned having a frustrating time with dealers since they bought their Outlander, and my own experience thus far hasn't been great. Also, a mechanic recently told me they have a hard time finding replacement parts for Mitsubishis and the dealerships are difficult to work with.

I'm deciding between the Outlander PHEV and the Lexus NX 350h, and one factor in favour of Lexus is their supposedly great dealership experience. I must admit I've never serviced my cars at dealerships so I don't really understand what the big deal is.

Am I worrying for nothing?

I put down a $1k deposit with one dealer but while waiting for that car to come in I found another one with another dealer. My deposit was refunded and I completed the transaction with the 2nd dealer. No problems with either one. We have only had the car for a couple months so no service visits have been necessary yet.

Just bought 2023 Outlander PHEV GT last Friday. Amazing vehicle. Traded in 2018 Toyota Prius Prime which we owned since new. My sales rep was brand new so needed some flexibility when working with him. Had previously walked away from a deal when expected to pay a large dealer mark up in December. Met the service manager and this clinched the deal for me. Incredibly knowledgeable and already helpful in understanding how the vehicle works. Live in Ontario and getting 75 Kim’s of range at temperatures hovering around 0 (32). We Live in a hilly area.

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad to hear you had no issues getting your deposit refunded. I'm on a list at another dealership, which didn't ask for a deposit (they just took my name and said they'd contact me when an ES comes in)....so maybe I'll get one from them sooner. I'll check out some other dealerships but so far only two of them have been willing to sell the base trim at msrp with no mandatory packages, etc.

Back