2014 Mitsubishi Outlander GX 4HS PHEV Heater Problem with a twist.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eugene

Hello again; I have read and watched a few YouTube videos on this subject and used these to investigate my continuing problem of the heater not working. I can tell you it's not fun driving a car at 3 degrees. So this is what I have checked and found out:

• I have checked the inline filter on the hot feed pipe to the heater matrix. Despite my car from 2014, it was clean, with very few foreign objects in the filter.
  • I have also striped the four-way valve and found again no foreign particles.
  • The hot water feed pipe to the heater matrix is hot. Despite this, I back-flushed the matrix with no effect.
  • I have tried the various climate controls and settings, and no effects.
I am puzzled about what stops the hot water from flowing through the heater matrix.

Any suggestions?

Hello again; I have read and watched a few YouTube videos on this subject and used these to investigate my continuing problem of the heater not working. I can tell you it's not fun driving a car at 3 degrees. So this is what I have checked and found out:

• I have checked the inline filter on the hot feed pipe to the heater matrix. Despite my car from 2014, it was clean, with very few foreign objects in the filter.
  • I have also striped the four-way valve and found again no foreign particles.
  • The hot water feed pipe to the heater matrix is hot. Despite this, I back-flushed the matrix with no effect.
  • I have tried the various climate controls and settings, and no effects.
I am puzzled about what stops the hot water from flowing through the heater matrix.

Any suggestions?
See 'Heater Question' on 'General Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV forum' re. my experience of getting the heater to work again. Likely to need the citric acid treatment and mysterious knowledge of how to bleed the system once it is clear.

To diagnose and fix your heating issue, you need to carry out some steps:

1. There could be stuck airflaps. To reset/fix this, you need to put the car into ACC2 mode, push AUTO on the HVAC controls, and then press the MODE button 20 times, pausing for about 5 seconds between each press.

2. If this doesn't help, the cabin temperature sensor might be blocked with fluff/dust, and/or other stuff. It's located behind the gashes on the dashboard near the steering column. You can clean that with a compressed air can.

3. The cabin heater matrix might be blocked. You can check on YouTube to learn how to fix this or find a garage to do it for you.

4. The 4-way valve might be blocked. You can check on YouTube to learn how to fix this or find a garage to do it for you.

5. If none of the above fixes the issue with heating, you are probably looking at a broken electric heater or electric pump, especially if it heats fine from the engine.

I managed to sort this issue out. It was a blocked heater matrix, and the fix was to flush out the system and replace the coolant. Thanks for helping out.

Back