Adjusting the treshold for day/night in auto

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you happy with the auto setting for the lights? At least here in Sweden now it seems to be very off, and I must always force it to off to get the day mode setting except in sunlight condition.

Is there some menu setting (I have looked) that allows some adjustment?

My old 2008 Renault Espace comes in comparison again, where this worked flawlessly on the GPS screen (since it didn't auto adjust the lowbeam) I could tell by the day/night setting which was on spot every time.

Hmmm, I tried all settings (from inside the car, not the app) and none seems sensitive enough to keep the lights off during morning hours after sunrise. There wouldnt be an issue if the Google Maps was switched to day mode and the backlight setting went to higher brightness. Is there something else to try? Which sensor is used, the rain-sensor, or something else?

I've noticed this "problem" in winter when although the sky is bright the low sun angle means shadows are dark , which the sensor seems to be reading. It will be worse the further north you go - so probably, tough luck for Swedes.

Back